AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this NEC 9PG mounted on my ceiling for the last several months and managed to watch a handful of movies on it thanks to point convergence. More or less, I was afraid I'd destroy the thing.

Well not this week, friends and neighbors. After a two month hiatus, this week I re-read the heaps of information regarding CRT setup I'd printed earlier this year and I went through the NEC install manual. I figured, what the hell, if I blow it up, who cares? And I was really sick of spending the time before each movie working the point convergence.

I spent about 6 hours over 3 nights and tonight I have a pretty darned good looking picture without using one iota of point convergence. I'm pleased as punch and can't wait to pick up Harry Potter and Desperado (Superbit) tomorrow.

I think I see the peak in the learning curve. Maybe next week I'll have a few beers and give Guy's focusing stuff a spin. :)

Yay for me!

Justin

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
A few beers before Guy's focusing? Ha! Better make that several cans of Mountain Dew! :D

·
Registered
446 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by HJustin

I think I see the peak in the learning curve. Maybe next week I'll have a few beers and give Guy's focusing stuff a spin. :)

Yay for me!

Justin
Before or after lets hope its the later:D

Once you have converged a few more times it gets easier;)

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Then I take it that you no longer want to sell that projector then, huh?!;)

Seriously congrats on the job! I'm sure D. Smith wishes he never sold that projector, and I'm sure at this point you're glad you didn't either.

Keep us posted on your focusing job. Of course you realize that you're going to do a lot of the convergence over again after adjusting the focus.

Have fun and happy viewing!:)

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Justin,

Good going, once you know your projector and the functions it will go a lot easier for you. You can get to the point where you can "feel" the projector being happy.

One note to remember is to walk away from it every now and then and let the C and F drive cool down and stabilize. Doing Guys focus procedure (astig) will change the raster position of each color, take your time on this, it should be well worth the time spent. Doug

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.