AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, like, I don't know. But I hear this chickie wants to know how long its been since you had to last converge your CRT projector.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hi;

My convergence usually last only six months because i like to swap my 1272's to do maintenance and upgrades while the other is in service.

Gives me a chance to work on my convergence abilities too.

It seems the better I do the setup the less it drifts. These machines are very reliable.

Jim

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I suppose I should have also requested that those voting to please also identify the product(s) they are specifying their vote(s) for.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Less than two months. I've had my NEC XG 1100 for only a few months, and it needs a new blue and green tube. Also, I like to screw around with the settings too much.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I've only had it running since July of this year, so I'm STILL trying to get the convergence nailed. Of course it drifts after about 45 minutes it is fine, but I want to get better!

I tweak, therefore I am.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Most definately less than two months. I can't stop tweaking for the perfect picture which of course I'll never acheive but my fingers never listen! My wife's comments are always along the line: do you enjoy watching or tweaking? She just doesn't understand!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Barco 1208/2, less than two months. Realistically its still very good, but I can't resist.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sometimes I sit down just to converge. Guess I need to get a larger DVD collection. Oh honey........lets go to the store.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
About 4 months for me. I like to just sit down and converge too.

Nicholas

·
Registered
21,725 Posts
With my Dwin HD-700 CRT, if I don't physically touch the projector, I find the convergence will remain stable pretty much indefinitely. But if I am reconnecting a cable or cord and happen to touch the projector a bit, then I can get some convergence drift. So if I leave the projector alone its fair to say I could well go a year or more without needing to touch up convergence.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
My convergence lasts longer than the PJ does on my ceiling.....lol

Terry

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok, between Terry and Art I suppose I should have ALSO put in a 'no tinkerer allowed to respond' disclaimer. HAH! :)

Like momma said, if it ain't broke quite breaking it!

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Once I changed the C-drive chips in my NEC PG9, I can make it about 2-3 months before I start looking for something to tweak. I get restless when things work too well.

Marc

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
Like Terry said, my projectors fly out the door faster than I can converge them.

It never ceases to amaze me though how some people simply do not get to know their projector to even simply do a static adjustment to get the colors to line up in the middle of the screen...:)

Curt

·
Registered
JVC RS40, Pioneer Elite Receiver, B&W Atmos in ceiling. Draper Onyx.
658 Posts
Fire up the ACON......run to the fridge.......return and watch the movie. Convergence complete! But just like many other people some strange impluse still forces me to tinker. I think the term "If it ain't broken don't try to fix it" just doesn't apply around here.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.