AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, although the TV is not new, I have just bought a 42" Toshiba 42PW33 Rear Projection.

I seem to be having a problem with the units convergence. I have set up the red and blue lines to the centre cross and the numbered squares around the outside of the screen, but when I go back to the main picture, i get a red outline shadow on certain areas of the screen and blurry. If i go back to the convergence setup screen to correct the effected areas, then other areas have the same problem. It seems to be just the red i have problems with. Moving pictures you cannot notice it so much but it is evident with text on screen.

It would seem as though something is out of alignment and whether it is a big job or pricey to fix, or is this just the nature of Rear projection TV.s

Any help at all would be great.

Cheers..Gary

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, I do not know which menu I am in, I press MENU from the remote and go along the top tabs to the screen display options and choose convergence from the bottom of the list. I guess it is the user menu, how can i get to the service menu?

It does seem to save the changes, as if i put the alignment way out myself, it does reflect on the picture image, i line up the cross and numbers perfectly, but still get red double lines on screen.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
I have a 40 inch RPTV which is a Toshiba. I think one thing you need to consider is that it takes about 20-30 minutes to warm up so do not try resetting the convergence till it has warmed. The second thing is if you are moving it around it will throw it off. I have noticed on mine the red lines as well but once I set it it seems fine for a week or 2 then I go back in and do it again.

·
Registered
17,407 Posts
Flinties

Sounds like you're in the user menu, which seems to be o.k.

I'm not familiar with your particular set but I'll be glad to research it. What it sounds like is that either its not holding the changes you make or there is some other procedure to tell the set to save the settings that you're missing. After you make the changes, precisely what do you do?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HI, thanks for your help. As i earlier stated, it is definetly saving the changes as any changes I make is always reflected from the picture quality. I have noticed that the main red cross is not perfectly vertical on the setup screen, so I cannot properly align it with the white cross in the centre. Is there anyway of tweaking from the inside to get this straight?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.