AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that the top left corner of the screen has lost convergence--reds are not aligned...the rest of the screen is fine.

Do you think this is a hardware issue or something that can be fixed with teh service convergence thing?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I read the DCAM setting guide on Keohi website.

One thing I wanted to ask , how do I change the color using the remote for the 43FDX01B? In another guide it says ["Status"=green] but I don't see a status button my my remote control. Same with ["Ant"=red].

If you can provide a little bit of help regarding this I would be most thankful.

Thank you for readin'.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Call for service. You cannot adjust it out. You will need new stk's and maybe return resistors. You can try, hitting "ant" will let you adjust red, that is assuming you are looking at you TV remote and not your CABLE BOX remote.

Mike

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by speekergeek
Call for service. You cannot adjust it out. You will need new stk's and maybe return resistors. You can try, hitting "ant" will let you adjust red, that is assuming you are looking at you TV remote and not your CABLE BOX remote.

Mike
How dumb do you think a person has to be if they are using anything but the original TV remote to change it's settings?

I'd rather not call service if I can fix this thing myself.

Like I said, there is no "Status" or "ANT" button on the Hitachi TV remote I have...what would be the alternative to "Status"?

I guess I've to manually press every button to find out what it is because this is really irritating the hell out of me.

By the way I can access the DCAM settings...but I can only make changes to reds...I want to get at the bloody green.

·
Registered
950 Posts
If the problem occured suddenly, it is probably a harware failure. To select the color for adjustment press 'RECALL' for green, '0' for red, or 'INPUT' for blue.

Robert

·
Registered
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfly2050
How dumb do you think a person has to be if they are using anything but the original TV remote to change it's settings?

I'd rather not call service if I can fix this thing myself.

Like I said, there is no "Status" or "ANT" button on the Hitachi TV remote I have...what would be the alternative to "Status"?

I guess I've to manually press every button to find out what it is because this is really irritating the hell out of me.

By the way I can access the DCAM settings...but I can only make changes to reds...I want to get at the bloody green.
Hey I meant no offense by it. I am in TV repair so i start off assuming that people know nothing, that way nothing gets by them. what model remote do you have, there are many different hitachi remotes. nevermind, I will send you a copy of the service manual, PM me.

Mike

p.s. odds are you won't be able to fix it yourself, but i will try to send you a manual.

p.s.s sudden or slow, very likely a hardware problem. return resistors are metal oxide but they still can drift in value over time with heat. you may be able to "patch" it with the service menus, but it is a temp fix that will only make the service-mans job more difficult ($$)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.