AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can see no way of doing it from any menus, but is there any way I can adjust convergence on an LCD projector? The pj we have is slighty off, enough that every bright thing has a green left edge and purple right edge. It is driving me crazy. Can anything be done about it?

Matt

We have a Toshiba S30U, BTW.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I don't believe that there is anything that can be done for "covergence" as it's a question of physical panel alignment. Thar said, what you are seeing sounds more like a color uniformity issue, which AFAIK, nothing can be done for. Might be worth talking to your dealer about a warranty swap...

·
Registered
502 Posts
I had that problem on my AE300 hooked up to my Philips 963sa player. when switching to progressive on the player it disappeared, same with PC input, works perfectly. So it doesnt necessarily means it is your projector's fault.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So far I've gotten it on PC, 480p component, S-Video and Composite video signals. Would you think it's a defect in the design or just my pj?

Matt

·
Registered
163 Posts
Pictures speak louder than words. Take a picture and post it so we can see what you mean by "an edge".

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
I can see no way of doing it from any menus, but is there any way I can adjust convergence on an LCD projector? The pj we have is slighty off, enough that every bright thing has a green left edge and purple right edge. It is driving me crazy. Can anything be done about it?

We have a Toshiba S30U, BTW

Matt

Matt you do have a convergence problem. I'm not familiar with your projector but most all (except the latest SANYO's )three chip LCD's have mechanical adjustment's for alignment. If your unit is new complain to your vendor. if not then you can adjust the panels yourself.

Green is normally the panel the other two are aliened to (Blue and Red) using a crosshatch pattern.

Don't touch the Green even thought it's the offender, if you move the Green you'll through off the factory set focus, so don't change Green or move it.

There are generally three set screw's or mechanism's for each panel, Horz, Vert and Yaw. Adjust the R and B to match the Green panel. If you start with Red cover the Blue panel with cut light blocking cardboard so it doesn't show any blue with the AVIA crosshatch pattern on your screen. Cover Red when aliging Blue to Green.

If you attempt convergence be sure to warm up your pj at lest 30 mins before starting and never touch any of the optics or panel surfaces.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.