AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Toshiba TP48D90 has a problem with the red horizontal control causing a convergence problem. When I switch to the test mode on the front of the unit, I get the white cross-hair pattern in which to line up the three

colors. When I turn the RH (Red Horizontal) knob only the red vertical line of the cross-hair moves horizontally instead of both the red horizontal and the red vertical

at the same time. How can I correct this problem?

Thanks

Hackbrew

·
Registered
296 Posts
Have a TP48D90 (cinema RP, about 4-5 yrs old), and one morning it decided it didn't want the colors aligned.

On Left side of screen there is a green arc.

On Left and Right 1/3's of the screen there are strong R & G shadows of each vertical line (about 1-2" apart); but in center they line up just fine.

Live in a rural area in OR, Portland service centers don't want to come out, or assist by phone ....

Could someone here, knowledgable about repairs of Toshiba RP units please give me some pointers of what to do?

Don't know if it's just a part, or circuit board to replace; or whether it's major and ought to be junked (or donated to a thrift store). We really aren't in the market to buy a replacement ... waiting for 48-52" OLED displays to come out at $2K or less .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.