Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all,

Can some one explain the difference between Mechanical and Electrical/Electronic convergence.I have a Sony VPH1020QM and unfortunately don't have the manual(if it is in the manual)how to do the mechanical convergence.I have done the Electrical/Electronic convergence and it still is not quite right.Maybe I am getting the best I can get now.Does the Mechanical convergence really need to be done?Can it be done without the manual?Thanks in advance.

Sharp and Detailed pictures to you all

Steve

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
HMM?

I am guessing that machinacal convergance is making sure the lenses and spacers are set correctly for the proper screen sice. If they are worng the electronical convergence will never ever be able to be set right.

Under each lense there is a ring with numbers on them 100 and 200 positions. these are for machinacally getting the lenses at the reight angles to each other for throw distance for 100 and 200 inch screens and every thing in between.

If you are using a 100 inch screen or so and the lense rings are set for 200 you will never be able to electronically get the colors converged with each other.

That might be the problem.

I have a 1031Q and it is an analog unit as so is yours and it is not necessary to have the manual to converge these units. as you move each control note what it is and using them sparingly you will get the unit converged. It will take some time and paientance but it can be done no matter how impossible it may seem :D

Check those lense rings that may the biggest problem you are having. To get to them you have to pull the lense block and remove each lense. You might be able to see the little number on them before you pull it all of and what number corosponds with the referance marker on the lense block. There is a little bump or "tit" on the lense block that the numbers line up with this is how you know what size screen the projector is set up for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.