AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read several posts regarding focus and convergence (Guy Kuo's holy focus etc)

I read somewhere that it is best to converge according to the video source.

My question is, how would one acheive this with a sony 1252Q and the nokia monitor test program?

The only convergence that can be adjusted electronically anyway is when you enter the set up mode, which takes you to the internal test patterns...not what is displayed on the video from the HTPC...

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
At the very least, its best to converge the projector while its "seeing" the real video source, because it should genlock the convergence pattern to the video's sync signals, rather than to an internal sync generator. The barco's will offer three choices, using video source, using genlocked video source, or internal source. That's also in the order of preferred feeds to use when doing convergence and geometry.

Of course, I know nothing of the Sony's, so you'll have to wait to hear from someone else...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone know? is this possible?

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
With the number of types of projectors seen in this forum, it sometimes helps to make your subject more specific, like "External convergence pattern for 1252Q" might get the Sony guys attention, while such a generic subject as this thread has might get buried without any of them reading it.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
If you go to the patterns button that you can select with your remote to display test patterns and page through them you will find one that is the source that is hooked up.

Terry

·
Registered
401 Posts
If the video source didn't matter then you would only have to converge the PJ once. But it does matter and you have to converge for every signal that is different, including using the same DVD player but watching DVD's with different aspect ratios.

It took me awhile to understand this because I was so used to the TV taking care of convergence for me. It's not so bad once you begin to understand how the PJ is different. It sure takes a long time to converge all the different signals when you have to do it manually.

Brad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.