AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever converged an NEC XG-110 with a 16:9 screen?

How do you go about doing that?

Wouldn't you have a lot of overscan on the top and bottom of the screen?

Did I make a bad discussion buying a 16:9 screen?

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Doug,

Actually that's a pretty common setup. The first question I need to ask is do you have the setup guide? If not you can download from:

Snaggs Projector Reference

Download the XG1351 docs.

In short, you can use the picture controls to set the size and position of the image.

--Jerome

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Yes, that would be the preferred way to do it. Then you tell your scaler or HTPC that the screen is 16:9 in shape and let the scaler switch aspect ratios and zoom. That way you only need to set up one convergence memory for both 4:3 and 16:9 enhanced material.

Figure on about 720 scan lines for a 16:9 screen and a XG110 when you set up your scaler or HTPC.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Doug, I have the same projector and I don't have any luck at squeezing a 4:3 image onto the 16:9 screen. When I use the amplitude to do the squeezing I get some wrap around problems and odd shaped lines at the bottom of my image.

So far the only thing I've been able to do is display 4:3 from my computer to the screen and then Blank the edges.

I am interested to hear how your quadscan works at squeezing the image.

I'm kind of a Newbie to this CRT/Setup thing but I've had a lot of help on this forum and from a local forum member in setup. If you have any questions regarding basic setup let me know, I'm gettin' better at it:D

Alun

·
Banned
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by hificanuck
Doug, I have the same projector and I don't have any luck at squeezing a 4:3 image onto the 16:9 screen. When I use the amplitude to do the squeezing I get some wrap around problems and odd shaped lines at the bottom of my image.

So far the only thing I've been able to do is display 4:3 from my computer to the screen and then Blank the edges.

I am interested to hear how your quadscan works at squeezing the image.

I'm kind of a Newbie to this CRT/Setup thing but I've had a lot of help on this forum and from a local forum member in setup. If you have any questions regarding basic setup let me know, I'm gettin' better at it:D

Alun
I found my answer at

http://www.focusinfo.com/support/manuals/QSAspect.pdf

"If your display is native 16:9, and you are projecting on a 16:9 screen, the Quadscan should be set for 16:9 output. A widescreen movie should fill the screen assuming that the movie is also 16:9 or 1.78:1. If the movie is wider, for example 2.35:1, you will see some black area on top and bottom of the screen due to the image being wider and shorter than 16:9. If you are viewing a 4:3 image, you will see black bars on the right and left sides of the image, because a 4:3 image is not wide enough to fill the screen."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.