AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sonos 5.1 audio setup (PlayBar, Sub, and two Play:1's). Dolby Digital Plus is not compatible with Sonos, so I get no audio for anything being delivered in DD+.

I was hoping to avoid the need for a receiver, but as Netflix, VUDU, and other streaming services migrate towards DD+, it's looking like I might need one.

I have three devices connected to my Sony TV (KDL-55W802A) via HDMI, and an optical cable going from the TV to the Sonos PlayBar.

Can a receiver take Dolby Digital Plus and DTS audio sources and output it in DD 5.1 via HDMI to the TV? My TV will pass a DD 5.1 signal to the Sonos via optical.

Can anyone recommend a decent, but affordable, slim/small receiver that will do this?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately, not all my devices (most notably the Roku 3) have an option to specify Dolby Digital.

·
Banned
431 Posts
Do any of your other sources have Netflix, vudu etc. that does not support DD+ but uses DD. A video processor might be able to do this. The DVDO edge is probably the least expensive that might have this capability. You'd have to call them to ask.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I'm good now. The Xbox One just added Dolby Digital 5.1 support, which has all the apps that I was using the Roku for. Thanks for your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts