AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am new at this, just like to know if there is a way to convert regular DVD movies to HD DVD movies?

I tried and convert my DVD to Divx 1080p but it turned out 11.3 gb long, and as we know it holds only 4.7gb on DVD-r. How can i shrink that in 4.7gb? Thanks for help

·
23,032 Posts
Why? All you are doing it wasting space on the disc with the scaled SD image bits. It will look just the same as sending 480i/p to a 1080p display and letting the display scale.

larry

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
You sure you didn't mean the other way around?

I can see wanting to convert HD-DVD to DVD. That would / could have some practical purposes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys for help, appreciate your answers

Well, i can't play my dvds in HD dvd player only the title of the movie comes on, and seems like picture quality will be not good as HD dvd. Thats why like to change my old DVD movies to HD DVD format. Any suggestion

·
Registered
2,008 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionHeart007 /forum/post/15538237

thanks guys for help, appreciate your answers

Well, i can't play my dvds in HD dvd player only the title of the movie comes on, and seems like picture quality will be not good as HD dvd. Thats why like to change my old DVD movies to HD DVD format. Any suggestion

What HD DVD player do you have? They should all play just about any type of DVD your throw at them. If you are using burned copies, try using DVD+R and changing the book type to DVD-ROM. Otherwise, use a different player and just watch them as is, you can only lessen the PQ by re-encoding them.

·
23,032 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionHeart007 /forum/post/15538237

...and seems like picture quality will be not good as HD dvd. Thats why like to change my old DVD movies to HD DVD format. Any suggestion

The format has nothing to do with the picture quality. It's the quality of the source. And HD source will usually look better than SD source.

larry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts