AVS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have downloaded a couple of full sbs movies for my samsung 3D tv via my hdd but they wont play because the res in to big, so I was wondering if there is a program that will let me convert them to half sbs

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Stereoscopic Player, PowerDVD 10 and TotalMedia Theater 5 will all play these full res files and play them on a Samsung since the Samsung is one of the few 3DTVs that you can buy that support checkerboard format.

I play these types of files all the time on my samsung 3DTV.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin-Dawson
The OP hasn't even given the model number of his TV... there is absolutely no way to know if his TV supports checkerboard or not.
What Samsung models don't?

·
Registered
4,199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank /forum/post/19564950

Stereoscopic Player, PowerDVD 10 and TotalMedia Theater 5 will all play these full res files and play them on a Samsung since the Samsung is one of the few 3DTVs that you can buy that support checkerboard format.

I play these types of files all the time on my samsung 3DTV.

It will play 3840x1080 files?

·
Registered
4,836 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostinsane /forum/post/19565771

It will play 3840x1080 files?

Yes

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi all and thanks for the replys Im sorry I didn't think

its a 46" series 7 model

Model No - LE46C750R2K

Im new to this what is checkerboard ?

and how to I get these programs onto my tv ? (Stereoscopic Player, PowerDVD 10 and TotalMedia Theater 5)

Thanks,

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oops
Hi all and thanks for the replys Im sorry I didn't think

its a 46" series 7 model

Model No - LE46C750R2K

Im new to this what is checkerboard ?

and how to I get these programs onto my tv ? (Stereoscopic Player, PowerDVD 10 and TotalMedia Theater 5)

Thanks,
You would need your computer hooked to the HDMI input of your TV and set the resolution on your TV to "PC" and select "Checkerboard Mode".

If you don't want to connect your computer to your Samsung TV then forget all of the above.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Frank,I understand now but I will leave the pc to my last option as it will be a lot of hassel getting my pc to the tv, so back to my initial question is there any way to convert these full sbs files to half sbs files?

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oops
Thanks Frank,I understand now but I will leave the pc to my last option as it will be a lot of hassel getting my pc to the tv, so back to my initial question is there any way to convert these full sbs files to half sbs files?
I use Sony Vegas to do it but there might be some cheaper editor that can do it.

I'll look around and let you know if find something.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oops /forum/post/19570052

How do you do it with sony vegas Frank?

Once you have the 3840 by 1080 video on your timeline then select "track motion".

Uncheck "lock aspect ratio".

Change "height" from 1080 to 2160 so it fills the frame vertically.

Render at 1920 by 1080 and that should do it.

P.S. you need to start vegas with the properties set to 1920 by 1080.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the help Frank, I cant seem to get my media file/film onto the timeline as it keeps saying " the file is corrupt or an unknown format" the film is a mkv file, and it just wont let me load it? do I have to convert the film to another format like Mp4 first?

·
Registered
4,836 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oops /forum/post/19571270

Thanks for the help Frank, I cant seem to get my media file/film onto the timeline as it keeps saying " the file is corrupt or an unknown format" the film is a mkv file, and it just wont let me load it? do I have to convert the film to another format like Mp4 first?

I would think so but I don't know for sure since I have no experience with mkv filetypes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What file types does sony vegas support, as Im struggling to get any files onto the timeline Ive tried converting to mp4 and iso and it wont open any of them, is there anywhere I can add file types?

·
Banned
1,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oops /forum/post/19573232

What file types does sony vegas support, as Im struggling to get any files onto the timeline Ive tried converting to mp4 and iso and it wont open any of them, is there anywhere I can add file types?

Convert it to AVI using mp4 free codec XVID.

Mathew Orman

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
What version of Sony Vegas are you using?

I am only familiar with Vegas Professional.

I think you must be using a different version.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey guys thanks for all your help, Im a complete noob when it comes to this
but how do I convert it to AVI and where do I get the free mp4 codec XVID.

Im using Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum Pro v9.

·
Banned
1,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oops /forum/post/19576257

Hey guys thanks for all your help, Im a complete noob when it comes to this
but how do I convert it to AVI and where do I get the free mp4 codec XVID.

Im using Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum Pro v9.
http://www.xvid.org/Downloads.15.0.html

You could download ADOBE Premiere CS5 30 day trial and it has the media encoder for converting video formats.

Mathew Orman

1 - 19 of 19 Posts