AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all !

Some time ago I ripped my modest HD-DVD collection to a 500GB HDD. I feared my dual format LG-BH200 would eventually die and I would be stuck with a bunch of coasters. Also, I expect that SW such as TMT5 and the likes will eventually drop support for HD-DVD.

I ripped them all in folder format with AnyDVD. Is there any software/procedures to "conveniently" convert this collection to Bluray? I don't want to edit anything out, I just want to make a 1-for-1 copy with all extras, menus, audio tracks....

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I don't think you can convert to Blu-ray since it has a different menu structure (i.e uses Java menus). You could probably convert to MKV and retain everything (the menus/extras/etc.) that way - you just couldn't play it in a stand-alone BD player, but any HTPC could play it.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
ClownBD lets you convert one playlist to a BD structure, which is fine for converting just the movie. But I don't know of anything that can convert the menus and extras along with the movie.

·
Registered
7,958 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthocar /forum/post/20810722

ClownBD lets you convert one playlist to a BD structure, which is fine for converting just the movie. But I don't know of anything that can convert the menus and extras along with the movie.

Yep - have used it myself.

The good thing is that subtitles are converted, and DD+ audio is converted to PCM (HD-DVD DD+ is different to the BD version)

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneals2000 /forum/post/20812336

Yep - have used it myself.

The good thing is that subtitles are converted, and DD+ audio is converted to PCM (HD-DVD DD+ is different to the BD version)

What about the DTS & DD lossless formats? Would they too be converted?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rms8
What about the DTS & DD lossless formats? Would they too be converted?
DD, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, and DTS-HDMA can be preserved as-is. I think it is just DD+ that throws it a little curveball.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.