AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a dumb question but is there any, easy way to convert my tv series that I have on dvd into wtv files for each show? Any way to get metadata in there as well?

What I am really envisioning, and I am pretty sure this does not exist, is a program that can read the disc and connect to some sort of meta data source (mymovies?) and then pull out the correct streams and then convert each episode into a wtv with the metadata.

-Mike

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Ripping TV episodes from DVDs is easy. Not necessarily to Microsoft's proprietary .wtv format, but there is no need to rip to that format specifically. WMC will work just as well with standard video containers like AVI or MKV.

Nearly all TV box sets have each episode as a separate title on the disc. You can rip the discs with any standard ripping software like DVD Decrypter or AnyDVD and then use Handbrake to compress each title individually. I'm not sure which scraper gets TV metadata for WMC, since I use XBMC which has all its scrapers built-in.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a server set up with several hundred dvds ripped to it and have been using handbrake to convert them to my ipod no problem. It just makes more sense for tv series from dvd's to show up with all the other tv series that have been recorded. Hence the want to convert individual episodes to wtv with metadata.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts