AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a week ago I picked up a Pioneer A03, and it seems to work pretty well. Yesterday I was trying to take convert a dvd movie onto my pc (I do not condone piracy, I was playing around to see how it all works. I own the DVD I was making a backup of), as well as a few home movies I had on my Mini-DV camcorder.

Tbe movie just happened to be Final Fantasy, and I was able to get the movie and the ac3 stream just fine. The movie and the stream only took up about 3.5 Gigs so I had plenty of space. I took a few small clips from various home movies from my camcorder and copied that as well.

When I copied from my camcorder to the pc I created it into seperate streams. One for video and one for audio which came out as Mpeg1 Layer 2.

When I burned the disk, it played just fine on my pc, but when I put it into my DVD player, it played FF just fine with DD 5.1 surround sound and all, but my home movies had no sound.

I think my problem is that I my Toshiba 6200 won't understand anything other then AC3 audio, and I need to convert my home movie audio to AC3.

Does anyone know of a program that will convert files to ac3? Thanx.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.