Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am using a NEC VT440 projector and want to connect it to a harman-kardon DVD10 DVD-player.

Unfortunately this DVD player has no component output, but it has RGB output on the SCART connector.

I tried connecting this RGB signal from the SCART connector to the projector's 15pin VGA connector, but it does not work.

I assume that the projector needs RGB plus sync at TTL level, and will accept this only above 24kHz horiz freq.

So it's not possible even with a sync converter.

But the projector should accept component video (YUV, YCbCr) on the 15pin VGA connector.

Can anyone recommend an affordable RGB to component converter? That can be bought in Europe?

Or have another idea how to get the VT440's best picture quality from a DVD player of that kind?

Please no suggestions like

"use the composite or S-Video signal"

"get another DVD player"... ;-)

Thanks in advance & best regards,

Helmut

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi,

I had the same problem a few weeks ago. I assume that you are a non-US owner of the VT440 like me. I was fortunate enough to have a DVD-player with component output.

You can try to mail to George W. Gavutis([email protected]) from Cinemasource and explain your situation.

He has helped me with my cable and the result is fantastic.

Good luck.

Marco

Boxtel,

Holland

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
SCART is RGB with composite video for sync. essentailly you need to strip the sync off the composite video then do an RGBS input. the other choice is to find a scaler that is compatible with SCART. Do not listen to a manufacturer that says that they can accept rgb or rgbs. Only listen if they say they are SCART compatible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.