AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I just bought the Audiosource Amp-100 and want to bridge two PA speakers for home use (while we're not having concerts). The amp manual says that for bridging I should connect the two end banana ports to bridge. I have a very hard time finding a banana adapter that isn't a fixed distance, and there are two extra ports between the two ports I need to use. How do I translate two non-consecutive banana ports into a 1/4" cable?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Reactions: notaslavetofash

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It might work... I still don't see how to convert into a 1/4" without a DIY soldering job, which just doesn't seem like it should be necessary... I want to bridge the speakers for the output, yes... I knew someone would ask that... It just seems a little weird to push 50 watts into a 400w speaker. Granted, I know 80w isn't much better!

I guess I'm just amazed they would wire the amp that way if, in the market, I have to hack an adapter...

·
Registered
744 Posts
Most dual banana plugs are not soldered but are held in buy screws. You could buy a adapter like jim97219 suggested or a made up 1/4 to banana cable of the length you need, and replace the dual connector with individual connecters that also do not need soldering (like the monoprice ones).

Remember the 400 watt rating is the "max" recommended continuous input ... not the amount required to drive them. More important for this amp is the sensitivity of your speakers. If they have a sensitivity rating of over 90db they should play quite loud. Also this amp bridged will output 160 watts .... but it will be mono not stereo .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.