AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this is in the right place...

I recently bought a Panasonic TM700 and have recorded a fair amount of video that I'd like to convert and burn to a Blu Ray DVD. I have been filming everything in HD, but not in 1080 60p. Will that matter?

Also, and most importantly, what do you all use to convert the m2ts to whatever it needs to be converted to in order to burn to BD? Is there such thing as Blu Ray recorders? Please help if you can. As you can see, I'm VERY much a newbie with this. Thanks.

·
Registered
11,642 Posts
Other than a few professional JVCs(>$1000) the only BR burners are ones you can buy for PCs.

I'm not sure what your TM700 is, but I'm going to assume it's an HD camcorder. Some camcorder mfgs. (including Sony and JVC, not sure about Panasonic) make standalone DVD burners that will take the AVCHD from the camcorder and burn it directly to a standard DVD but in a format that will only play on BR players. Again it's my understanding you cannot use a Sony burner with a JVC camcorder or visa verse. Unless Panasonic makes such a DVD burner you'll probably have to do your HD burning on a PC, not a standalone.

For more camcorder related help you may want to try this AVS forum.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forum...prune=30&f=161

·
Registered
13,347 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by caminator /forum/post/19593712

Also, and most importantly, what do you all use to convert the m2ts to whatever it needs to be converted to in order to burn to BD?

google TSMUXER. It's a pretty simple program. Load the .m2ts and remux all the streams, selecting BD output. This will create the required BDMV folder structure and generate the playlist and index files necessary for BluRay. Then use ImgBurn to burn the BDMV folder structure to a BD-R disk.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.