AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I have a Kenwood KDC-MP6025 in my car from when I used to be a Sirius sub. I am now an XM sub and have my plug and play hooked up in the trunk with that kenwood switching unit to work on the Auxillary mode. I also have run it off the wireless transmitter through the FM radio as well.

My question is..........

I want to find a way without spending a ton, to change the Kenwood KDC-MP6025 with an XM friendly head unit so I can get rid of the wires and old roady plug and play. So basically...........

1. Is there a way to have XM work on the Kenwood KDC-MP6025? doubt it

2. Is there a way to get an XM head unit in the place of the Kenwood KDC-MP6025, and put a new XM tuner in the trunk? Is there a way to do this without ripping apart my dashboard, or will a store do it for me with purchase for free?

I would like to this preferably with inexpensive equipment, even used to save a buck.

thanks

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Pioneer, Sony and many others have XM friendly HU..But they are all going to cost you some $'s..And the direct connect XM unit that plugs into these units costs about $79 or so...An inexpensive Pioneer for example runs about $100-120..So you're talking about $200...

Best Buy and Circuit City both have deals sometimes where if you spend an X amount they offer free installation...

My advice is to check Crutchfield for equipment and prices. That will give you a good idea what it will cost...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts