AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pretty large FLAC collection but it is becoming a slight hassle with it not be as widely accepted as others. I am wondering does anyone know of a program or something that they have used and worked well that would allow me to convert my entire collection into a high bitrate mp3 format?

·
Registered
520 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomboX /forum/post/20878654

I have a pretty large FLAC collection but it is becoming a slight hassle with it not be as widely accepted as others. I am wondering does anyone know of a program or something that they have used and worked well that would allow me to convert my entire collection into a high bitrate mp3 format?

Conversion reduces quality. Convert a few as a sample to ensure you are happy with the sound before doing your whole collection.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I use Magix Audio Cleaning lab for all my music editing, recording, tape & vinyl transfers and it does everything well. It does handle FLAC as well as just about any music format. Look for it on Amazon and you don't need the latest version if you can pick up an older version at a low price.

You might want to check out Audacity which is free, but I'm not sure if it handles FLAC files but don't know why it wouldn't.

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Don't forget to keep the original flac files... you'll want them again someday!

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
As you can see, there are many ways to do this. When creating an MP3 version of my FLAC collection, I use foobar2000 with the reference LAME encoder. It is simple, quick, and properly transfers metadata.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 /forum/post/20880440

IMO the best solution is something like J River Media Center where it will convert on the fly to any other format for any other device.

I use J River to play my .mt2s video files captured by my Colossus. Some of those are concerts where the .mt2s file is HD video and DD 5.1 audio. Can I use J River to create an stereo MP3 file of just the audio from one of those .mt2s video files? If so, can you tell me how? If not, do you know another way to do this?

·
Registered
23,131 Posts
I don't know if you can, I've never tried, but the way you normally do (manual) conversions, is you right click the file in the library, and then pick Library Tools -> Convert Format, and I think it gives you options for what format to convert to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.