AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to everyone:
I need to send an IR code with my Android device...
I have a xiamoi redmi 4 with IR blaster, I have an app with a library of saved tvs, ACs, a/v and a lot of stuff with IR codes and they work just fine.

I also have an arduino MEGA with an IR receiver and sender.
I was able to receive an NEC 4 code from a controller:

(32 bits)Decoded NEC: 41C800FF (HEX) , 1000001110010000000000011111111 (BIN) Enter

And I was able to reproduce it with the sender in the arduino just fine.

But the APPs that I've found for android ask me to put the IR code in PRONTO HEX format or RC5 code or RC6 code or LIRC or LIRC raw.

But after 3 days of searching the interweb the only thing that I've found is a thread in this forum that didn't work for me.

Does anyone knows how to convert it or knows an APP for android that I can use?

TL;DR:
need to convert NEC to PRONTO HEX to be able to send it with an Android device.

THANKS a lot for reading.
Fabrizio.

·
Premium Member
3,371 Posts
yes- use a program called IRScutinizer. it’s free ware and you should be able to google a download site for it (iirc, the website Remote Central has a download site for it)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes- use a program called IRScutinizer. it’s free ware and you should be able to google a download site for it (iirc, the website Remote Central has a download site for it)
Hi, thanks for answering.

I've downloaded irScrutinizer but didn't manae to successfully connect it to my Arduino :( and thus unable to read the remote.

·
Premium Member
3,371 Posts
IRscrutinizer needs you to have the codes in some format first.

there are devices that can get IR input and spit out a code. Search around remote central

·
Registered
5,198 Posts
Using IrScrutinizer

For mdavej or anyone well versed on this subject.

I have a EPVision PHD 205LE Tuner and have learned all the buttons on the remote to my URC MX-980. Most work as expected but a couple still seem flaky. I would like to use IrScrutinizer to generate Pronto hex codes from the PDF provided by EPVision, the PDF here.

From the PDF is there a enough information to correctly select what the Protocol, D, S and F fields should have entered into them? They state it is NEC IR protocol but they do not say which one.

Power Button 00: Using NEC 1 for Protocol I entered 254 (00FE) into the D field, 0 into the S field and 0 into the F field. Am I on the right track?

FWIW, Global Caché, URC and IRDB does not have the PHD 205LE in their databases.

·
Registered
15,143 Posts
Using IrScrutinizer

For mdavej or anyone well versed on this subject.

I have a EPVision PHD 205LE Tuner and have learned all the buttons on the remote to my URC MX-980. Most work as expected but a couple still seem flaky. I would like to use IrScrutinizer to generate Pronto hex codes from the PDF provided by EPVision, the PDF here.

From the PDF is there a enough information to correctly select what the Protocol, D, S and F fields should have entered into them? They state it is NEC IR protocol but they do not say which one.

Power Button 00: Using NEC 1 for Protocol I entered 254 (00FE) into the D field, 0 into the S field and 0 into the F field. Am I on the right track?

FWIW, Global Caché, URC and IRDB does not have the PHD 205LE in their databases.
Yep, you did it right. To export the whole range of hex 00-44 in one shot, put "0x00:0x44" in the F field. This is the result. The output file lists the functions in decimal, so you'll have to convert those from your original doc and find it in the list.

Sometimes they'll do something cute like reverse the bits on the device number. So if 254 doesn't work, try 1 instead. It's also a little strange that they give the System Code in 2 bytes where one is not the complement of the other. That could imply D 00 and S 254, or if bit reversed, D 01 S 00. So you may have to try all these possibilities. My money is on D 01, and leave S blank.

But rather than doing all that guesswork, if you paste and scrutinize one of your learns, that will reveal the correct D and S.

·
Registered
5,198 Posts
But rather than doing all that guesswork, if you paste and scrutinize one of your learns, that will reveal the correct D and S.
Thanks for the tip on the range. Now I need to procure a capture device and/or build/buy one for my GC-100-12. AFAIK, there is no way to export a code from the URC program, it does import Pronto hex code.

·
Registered
15,143 Posts
Thanks for the tip on the range. Now I need to procure a capture device and/or build/buy one for my GC-100-12. AFAIK, there is no way to export a code from the URC program, it does import Pronto hex code.
I found your device in the Harmony database, and it is indeed NEC1, D 0, S 254.

·
Registered
15,143 Posts
I've used Tommy Tyler's IRWidget for years. He does excellent work and has been THE architect of JP1 hardware for the past 2 decades.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9405

I still use the IRScope program mentioned at the link above more than I use Scrutinzer because it's easier to wrap my head around. But it doesn't convert to pronto hex. So you have to use Scrutinizer for that.

I never do any transmitting from Scrutinizer, but I suppose I could just use the GC iTach I've already got. I really don't use Scrutinizer much for myself. Mainly just decoding things for others. JP1 doesn't require pronto hex or anything like that. I can just enter the button codes you posted as-is. I typically don't have to do all these code conversions when making codes for myself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts