AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I haven't checked out the forums in a while now, probably because my Sony 1030QM has been running very nicely and I've been kinda busy :)

Until now I have been using my ATI Radeon graphics card and a RGBH to Scart-cable to connect my PJ. This card is able to produce a composite sync signal. Now, though, I have to connect the PJ to a graphics card without this feature and need to solder on the other cables on the scart to produce a composite signal.

This schematic is from another post. Does someone know where to solder the V-sync cables aswell, to produce the composite sync?

Thanks in advance!

HD15(vga)------Scart---Name

1---------------15------Red

2---------------11------Green

3---------------7-------Blue

6---------------13------Red ground

7---------------9-------Green ground

8---------------5-------Blue ground

10--------------17------Sync ground

13--------------20------Composite sync

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can someone please help?

We're talking two tiny cables that needs soldering here :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi,

If the card doesn't support composite sync generation then I believe you'll have to generate it with external circuitry something like this...

http://www.hut.fi/Misc/Electronics/c.../vga2rgbs.html

Like you, I use my 8500 to drive a device (telly) which requires composite sync. I'd be interested to know which other cards can generate this type of signal. I tried Powerstrip on a GeForce1 GTS and the option wasn't available but I have a feeling Matrox cards can do it.

My problem hinges around the 8500's lack of working interlaced overlay which they just won't get round to fixing. I'd definitely switch to another card if I could find one which would give me RGB-Composite output @ 15KHz interlaced.

Anyway I digress, maybe that link will be of some use to you.

James

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Finally a reply :)

Ive read in other threads that this is just a matter of soldering. Im quite sure that the V-sync should simply be soldered onto the H-sync pins in the scart, but I need a confirm on that. IOA powered his 1031 with a Geforce 2. As far as I know, no Nvidia card is able to produce composite sync. ATI-cards can do this, and Matrox cards - yes. G400 at least. Probably others as well :)

This is the thread where IOA explains this. Have I interpreted it right?
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...73#post1125773

I'll check out your link, but I dont think theres a need for external circuitry. Cmon now, guys. I know this is a piece of cake for you! :)

By the way. I have the older ATI Radeon 64MB DDR VIVO-card. Maybe this can do what youre atempting?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.