AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The story leading up to this question is too depressing to go into in detail. Suffice to say I have large gage double shielded speaker wire in my wall instead of line level inputs. The wire runs between two floors and is anchored. Can I convert or is it just a bad idea?

Is there a good way to run speaker wire under carpet?

Thanks in advance

:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,900 Posts
This question came up around ten days ago. Put RCAs on the end of your speaker wire to your powered sub and plug everything in. It will most likely work fine. You can also use a speaker/line level convertor, but try the RCA hookup first.

You're not as screwed as you think.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went to the svs site because of all the good press they have been getting in this forum. The cs-ultra comes with an external amp that seems like a good solution. Maybe I should just put the amp on the other side of the speaker wires....

Thanks for the good word Paul!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I recently did this in a HT install. The house was prewired with 14 gauge speaker wire, but the sub was powered. So I broke out the wire nuts and rigged up an rca jack. It ran fine, so out came the soldering iron for a more permanent fix. I'll be back in the install location at the end of the week so I can report back on how it's holding up if you want.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.