AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can somone tell me how to convert a flac trac to lpcm? I was experimenting with some of my rips and was trying to convert my mkv with flac to a iso w/lpcm to try out tmt3 etc.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Guess I could just re-rip the bd's entirely but I thought it would be a lot faster just turning the mkv's to iso's. I thought eac3to could do this but I do not know the commands for this. Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Why do you want to turn your mkv into an iso? Just to try out tmt3?

You could use clown bd, that will read in a mkv and output an iso. Not sure about your audio question. Do you even need to convert it? I'm certainly no expert, but I know you need a receiver that does lpcm for flac to work, so not sure if flac actually = lpcm.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I wanted to try out tmt3 trial and powerdvd9 trial. I just installed W7 so I have a fresh install and wanted to try these out. I tried clown but tsmuxer keeps choking on the flac file. It does the video fine but I can't convert the audio track.

·
Registered
563 Posts
hmmm, I dunno then. To be honest, seems like a lot of work for nothing - though I'm a mkv lover.

I'd just do a fresh rip from bluray.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, I like trying out different things anyway. I'll probably just re-rip, thought it might save me some time. It usually takes about 3 hours to rip a bd, I only have a core duo. Really want to compare the picture quality between TMT, PDVD and MPC-HC.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just wanted to try this on a couple of rips to try out these trial versions of tmt3 and pdvd.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The couple I tried it on kept saying unsupported format when I tried......is it different for the trial version?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Not sure about the trial as I bought a copy just to satisfy my curiosity and currently using 3.0.1.170. I don't believe the trial version supports Dolby but may want to check if you have the latest trial version.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts