AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a while now for a easy but cool looking menu system for my HTPC and finally found one with the help of a freind.

The program is called Y'z Dock and is like the bar in the bottom of the screen in OS 10 for MAC. I set my taksbar so it is not always on top and autohide so it will still be there if needed and set Y'z dock to be at the top of the screen auto hide, and adjust the sensetivity of it so it doesnt pop up immediately if I go to the top of the screen. So far it has been a great little program and I dont notice much of a system performance hit at all. Only thing I hav noticed is the drop down list in IE of addresses seems to have slowed down a little bit

Y'z dock

You can also use programs to convert picture files to .png files used by this program to get even more menu options :)

NOTE: This program is a beta so anyone who doesnt like beta programs dont bother :)

·
Registered
545 Posts
nintari,

I am using something like this called Drastrip. I use to use another program on the mac called Dragthing - I think Apple copied it when they made the dock.

Anyway, I now have a button bar at the bottom of my screen with icons for each program I use. I don't auto hide mine but it is set to be behind any running app. It is entirely configurable and best of all it's free.

I will have a look at Y'z Dock

Thanks,

Clay

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont know about the one your speaking of but this one is identical to the way the OS 10 works with the way the icons zoom in and out on it :)

And it works for win XP I like it a lot so far :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.