AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, winter is finally starting to go away. I've got enough electronics going in this room that the central air would freeze out the rest of the house to cool it comfortably, but I can't put in a window A/C unit so I'm looking for alternatives. I don't enjoy sweating my balls off while I'm gaming, etc. I run 3 LCDs, 3 Xboxes, PS3, Onkyo receiver, UPS, 2 Lian LI server towers, etc. I have plans of getting an Oppo BD player, PS4, and possibly XB1 at some point in the next year or so but I'm running low on sturdy space to setup more stuff. That's another issue I need to work on, but later. Anyway, all I have are BS crank open windows that open into another room of the house that was added on a few years after it was built. Stupid, but it is what it is. Ideas?

·
Banned
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
580 Posts
I assume you ate renting ( no mods) so Install a Ceiling fan. They are easy to install, less than $100 and easy to remove when you move. Then turn your furnace fan to "run" so that it is constantly changing out your rooms air with cooler air from the rest of the house.

·
Banned
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittletank  /t/1522740/cooling-options-for-theater-room-with-no-windows#post_24492220

I assume you ate renting ( no mods) so Install a Ceiling fan. They are easy to install, less than $100 and easy to remove when you move. Then turn your furnace fan to "run" so that it is constantly changing out your rooms air with cooler air from the rest of the house.

Worse. Idiot parents. I already have a ceiling fan. It's not worth ****. All they do is whine about the electric bill.

·
Registered
85 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper187  /t/1522740/cooling-options-for-theater-room-with-no-windows#post_24496074

Worse. Idiot parents. I already have a ceiling fan. It's not worth ****. All they do is whine about the electric bill.

Considered moving out on your own?

There's a whole world out there, and hey man... they're paying your bills, so be nice to them.

·
Banned
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohYew812  /t/1522740/cooling-options-for-theater-room-with-no-windows#post_24500509

Considered moving out on your own?

There's a whole world out there, and hey man... they're paying your bills, so be nice to them.

Can't afford it, really. It doesn't feel worth it to move out and be constantly broke. I just need a way to tolerate summer. Then again, I had a couple 85 degree days this winter cause the old man left something open on the wood burner. lol

·
Registered
580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittletank  /t/1522740/cooling-options-for-theater-room-with-no-windows#post_24492220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper187  /t/1522740/cooling-options-for-theater-room-with-no-windows#post_24496074

Well then you are screwed haha. Seriously a ceiling fan and switching the furnace fan to "on" make my theater ok.

Good luck

·
Registered
296 Posts

Quote:

How old are you? They're paying your bills, you're living in their house, I'd feel damn lucky you've got a space at all! I had a bedroom that was about 7" x 9" that I had to start renting the day after I turned 18. I moved out 3 weeks before my 18th birthday. Was I broke for a while? YES! Did I learn a lot? YES!

Be happy you've got a place to live and be respectful of your parents.

Sent from my Droid MAXX via Tapatalk.

·
Banned
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhendriksen  /t/1522740/cooling-options-for-theater-room-with-no-windows#post_24506553

How old are you? They're paying your bills, you're living in their house, I'd feel damn lucky you've got a space at all! I had a bedroom that was about 7" x 9" that I had to start renting the day after I turned 18. I moved out 3 weeks before my 18th birthday. Was I broke for a while? YES! Did I learn a lot? YES!

Be happy you've got a place to live and be respectful of your parents.

Sent from my Droid MAXX via Tapatalk.

32, and they're ****in crazy.

·
Registered
267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper187  /t/1522740/cooling-options-for-theater-room-with-no-windows#post_24506720

32, and they're ****in crazy.

Having kids/childish-adults at home for 32 YEARS will make a person crazy....ya know??

·
Registered
48 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper187  /t/1522740/cooling-options-for-theater-room-with-no-windows#post_24500581

Can't afford it, really. It doesn't feel worth it to move out and be constantly broke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper187  /t/1522740/cooling-options-for-theater-room-with-no-windows#post_24488040

I run 3 LCDs, 3 Xboxes, PS3, Onkyo receiver, UPS, 2 Lian LI server towers, etc. I have plans of getting an Oppo BD player, PS4, and possibly XB1 at some point in the next year or so

Hmmmmmm something doesn't quite add up...................

But also if u dont want the heat keep your door open and get a fan, or maybe turn off some things

·
Banned
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rindoze  /t/1522740/cooling-options-for-theater-room-with-no-windows#post_24512027

Hmmmmmm something doesn't quite add up...................

But also if u dont want the heat keep your door open and get a fan, or maybe turn off some things

Pretty simple, really. I choose to live cheap and spend on fun ****.

I do keep my door open and run fans. It's worthless. I need some kind of AC unit to work in here. I just find it hard to believe somebody can't design a simple cooling unit like space heaters and such. I mean, my freezer makes air 10x as cold as an AC unit and I don't have to hang that out a ****in window. Maybe I'm thinking outside the box a little too far, but hey.

·
Registered
262 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper187  /t/1522740/cooling-options-for-theater-room-with-no-windows#post_24512300

Pretty simple, really. I choose to live cheap and spend on fun ****.

Sounds more like, "Failure To Launch" to me. Gee, girls must love it when you tell them you still live with your mom and dad. Would give them a real sense of security in you as a provider for them and/or a family. Out of curiosity, what is your education level?

·
Banned
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan  /t/1522740/cooling-options-for-theater-room-with-no-windows#post_24513575

Sounds more like, "Failure To Launch" to me. Gee, girls must love it when you tell them you still live with your mom and dad. Would give them a real since of security in you as a provider for them and/or a family. Out of curiosity, what is your education level?

I'm one of those people that was always too smart for my own good. I went to college for a couple years, and got fed up with not learning anything I felt was actually relevant to my major. Sorry, I'm not memorizing pros/cons of the AT&T monopoly for a damn Networking class. I already took History. I never had any luck with women when I was younger. Why bust my ass for my own place just to be alone when I'm older?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts