AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got on my camel and got them printed. The cost wasn't too bad. Remember these prices don't include tax or mailing.

S9 = $20.98

X9 = $13.37

I have no idea why the X9 came in cheaper...? I got an extra of each because somebody is bound to ask for one at this late date. I'll be picking up the manuals tomorrow eve or saturday morn. I'll be contacting folks soon. Sorry for being so slow with this project, but D-day is near. Best wishes cats!

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Hi Rachael,

I guess that there aren't too many folks here who can read Japanese. ;-)

Those are darn good prices - don't know how ya did it!

I'm sure volunteers for these will pop up as soon as folks realize that they are hard to come by, and cost a fortune from Pioneer when they still sold them.

Happy spinnin'

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:) Brett, Kinkos printed them for me. I'm gonna go get them tomorrow. They came in cheaper than Hunter's copies. Best wishes mon ami!

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Xyberbat
Hi Rachael,

Great news; and Thanks for your effort.

Regards,

François
I'm gonna go down to the biz supply store 2-morrow and find some mailers. Then I'll get stuff weighed for postage. By the end of the week I should have some idea of the final cost. Best wishes!

·
Registered
976 Posts
If you own the original Pioneer service manuals, how about scanning the schematics on a large flatbed scanner, and placing the gif files on a CD-R. This would be more useful to a service tech, who could print this out on larger stock, like 11 x 17.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hello Rachael,

How many extra copies have you got ? I might take a few of the X9, possibly 5 or so. Payment with PayPal ? :D

Nicolas

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Ollie W. Holmes
If you own the original Pioneer service manuals, how about scanning the schematics on a large flatbed scanner, and placing the gif files on a CD-R. This would be more useful to a service tech, who could print this out on larger stock, like 11 x 17.
Ollie that sounds like it's a good idea but I certainly don't know how. I don't even know what a gif file is... The schematics fold out considerably bigger than 11 x 17. My S9 manual is an original. My X9 is a copy.

Nicolas, I have two extra S9 and one extra X9 printing. I'm not a Paypal member anymore. I gave up. They won't allow me to use my credit card. Gee, I quess it's because they didn't issue it. I don't trust them either. They screwed over a friend of mine who had an E-bay biz. They have frozen thousands of his dollars over a relatively small disputed transaction.

I believe that Paypal has become an organization of ill repute. They certainly have no viable customer service. It's become nearly pointless to contact them. I didn't lose any money with them. I wouldn't let them near my money at this point! I joined in the early days and they served me well for about 18 months. Then they started abusing their customers. Their actions are not unlike a failing depression era bank. Their officers proably belong in jail IMO... Best wishes guyz!

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Nicolas,

If you don't have US banking facilities, I use PayPal and can send Rachael a US paymnet for your goodies. Check with her and we can work it out.

Cheers,

·
Registered
24 Posts
Rachael,

Thanks for getting these printed. I just received my X9 from Nicholas in pristine condition. Let it set for a few days and popped in Star Wars. I could not believe the improvement over my trusty 909. I am now a believer.

Frank Bambarola

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Frank, I know some people think we're just a bunch of LD zealots and a bit daft... I like DVD as much as anybody but the X9 makes LD, well, now U know! Congratulations! I haven't had the packges weighed yet. I'll try to get it done 2-morrow or by tuesday at latest. BTW, Have you seen SWPM on the X9 yet? Also, deploy the D-ext. on U.S. LD's. Oh, also, put your worst looking LD in it or a rotted one and you'll be suprised, me thinks. Best wishes!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Rachael,

Any further news on availability of the X9 manual. I know you probably have other, more exciting things to do but decided to bug you anyway.

Thanks,

Frank Bambarola

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.