AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know of any programs that I can use to copy legally purchased DVD's onto my computer. I want to be able to watch my DVD's without having to carry the entire lot around with me. Again, I'm not trying to burn copies of the DVD. I just want to be able to copy them onto my HDD and play them from the HDD instead of carrying all the discs around. Thanks in advance.

· Registered
498 Posts
There's plenty of programs that will perform this job. Some you can purchase are CloneDVD and DVDfab, but there are tons of other applications that will do this job. A couple of free ones are DVDdecrypter to copy the files to your HDD and DVDshrink to copy files to HDD and re-author DVDfiles.

· Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay, used the DVDshrink and it just created a whole bunch of files I have to sift through to find where the actual movie is. Is there something I'm missing? VLC can play all the files but they are bits and pieces of the menu, chapters, and other stuff.

· Registered
498 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogbuehi /forum/post/16859624

Okay, used the DVDshrink and it just created a whole bunch of files I have to sift through to find where the actual movie is. Is there something I'm missing? VLC can play all the files but they are bits and pieces of the menu, chapters, and other stuff.

The video_ts.ifo file will play the entire movie.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.