Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have a 3060 that was upgraded with a 100GB WD drive almost 2 years ago. Just recently I started having problems where it would go into the "Please wait a few moments..." screen and then crash/reset and show that screen again. I figured I'd just copy the drive over to a new 100GB WD drive that I hadn't touched yet.

I noticed that when I tried to do a backup image with RTVPatch from the old drive, it would stopy copying with the error: "Failed to read block 124928 from source - copy aborted". I'm guessing this is the source of my problems. And, as such, copying the OS partition off the old drive to the new drive won't work.

There are lots of shows that I want to keep that's sitting on the old drive. I was wondering if anyone's tried installing the OS partition from the image that Mikeyboy provides, and also copying the MPEG partition off an old drive?

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Sorry it won't work. The first partition contains the pointers to the recordings on the second. The only way to keep shows is to copy both partitions from the same drive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.