AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my first blue ray movie (the fifth element) from blockbuster online .

i i was so excited to see it but after inserting movie in my panasonic BD30 i got the message "COPYRIGHT VIOLATION"!

Anyone have any idea what it could be?

it wont play at all!

·
Registered
27,092 Posts
Is your display HDCP compliant?

Disc scratched?

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
This sounds ridiculous, but you might want to reboot your TV, and your player.

I have never had this problem with a BD movie, but it used to happen with my TiVo S3 when I was having handshake issues.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Disc is not scratched and i own 12 BR movies and no problem with them.

i worry now that something is wrong with my player and that would suck cuz my bestbuy warranty expired yesterday.

i will try to talk to guys at blockbuster to exchange same movie.....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiffylush /forum/post/12909248

This sounds ridiculous, but you might want to reboot your TV, and your player.

I have never had this problem with a BD movie, but it used to happen with my TiVo S3 when I was having handshake issues.

huh i dont know how to do that. i hope its disc problem and nothing else.

update

i just put disc again in my player and it started but picture was all messed up.

it stoped playing after 10 sec. hmmmmm

·
Registered
718 Posts
Is it possible that Sony is using BD+ on it's discs now? Maybe this is the issue. Does the BD-30 have any known issues with BD+ discs (Fox discs, specifically I suppose)?

All sounds very strange.

Are you using the latest firmware?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSimplePanda /forum/post/12909376

Is it possible that Sony is using BD+ on it's discs now? Maybe this is the issue. Does the BD-30 have any known issues with BD+ discs (Fox discs, specifically I suppose)?

All sounds very strange.

yes im using the latest firmware.

i will go to BB now to exchange it. hope they have another copy...

·
Registered
3,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSimplePanda /forum/post/12909376

All sounds very strange.

No...Sony has not released any BD+ titles.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Not sure if you can tell by the disc label, but perhaps Panasonic is violating you from playing terrible quality discs in your player? Try the remastered version and see if it says the same

·
Registered
4,972 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dare22 /forum/post/12909182

i just got my first blue ray movie (the fifth element) from blockbuster online .

i i was so excited to see it but after inserting movie in my panasonic BD30 i got the message "COPYRIGHT VIOLATION"!

it wont play at all!

I had exactly the same thing happen last night with Tekkon Kinkreet from Netflix. I couldn't see it at night, but during daylight this a.m., I discovered a significant scratch. I have another copy on the way, but my guess is that my defective disc caused the problem, and your disc may have a flaw too. I tried several other BDs and all are fine, so I doubt it's my BD30.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
My BD30 plays 5th Element just fine. My 30 hasn't had so much as a hick-up with any disc. I bet I've played 50 on it already too.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I have had one or two discs do this, and I too was shocked and a bit po'ed, to get such a nuisance for no reason.. lord knows I have bought enough of both formats.

However, I found that ejecting the disc, and powering down and the playing it again usually fixed the problem

I got it one other time, when the plasma was not turned on first, but the bluray player was, so the hdcp handshake was probably the issue that time.

·
Registered
488 Posts
My BD30 plays the remastered Fifth Element just fine too.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I have the panasonic 30 and I am having problems playing the 5th element.. I would skip chapters to a certain point.. about half way into the movie.. it would stop.. and then when I went to the scene selection to skip the area.. when I got there.. it would skip a bit. I have the latest firmware and also the remastered version.

Jacob

·
Registered
212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dare22 /forum/post/12909516

yes im using the latest firmware.

i will go to BB now to exchange it. hope they have another copy...

A customer brought in a movie from Warner which was Return to House on haunted hill and it also gave the same error message. It was the only movie that would not play on the BD30 but I tried 7 other BD's and they played flawless. Customer exchanged disc and there was no issue after that. It is not your player with the fault but more than likely the disc.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Wouldn't hurt to make sure you HDMI cables are snug. Someone else on here was having a problem with a disc and turned out his cable was a little loose and it appearantly caused a problem.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I rented "The Brave One"(with Jodi Foster) BD movie

from my local Blockbuster store last night.

When I tried to play it in my BD30, it keeps saying

something about copyright violation...??? I took the

disc out and tried a few of my other BD movies...

The other discs all played fined without any problems.

I then took "The Brave One" and tried it in my PS3.

It played fine... (so I ended up watching it on that

small 58" HDTV, which also happens to be Panasonic)

Since I like the movie, I plan to buy it... but not if

it will have the same problem when played on my BD30.

Can anyone help me figure out what's going on?

Thanks!

·
Registered
200 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dare22 /forum/post/12909182

it wont play at all!

I just had the same thing happen to me on my BD30. It happened with Reign of Fire, a Netflix Blu-Ray rental. At first it wouldn't play at all. I just kept getting a copyright violation message. After about the 4th time ejecting and restarting the disk it finally played. After about 30 minutes the video froze. I ejected the disk and once again got the copyright violation message when I attempted to start it again. Eventually it played and I went to the beginning of the chapter that froze. It froze again on the exact same frame. On the third attempt I started the movie on the chapter after the one that froze and the movie played fine from that point to the end. The disk does not have any noticeable scratches or blemishes. I have played quite a few Netflix and Blu-Ray disk that I own and never had this problem before. I hope this is a problem with the disk and not my BD30 since my BB 30 day return period is over.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Hi All,

First time reporting a problem on my Pansonic DMP BD-30. I put in "Cars" which I just received from Netflix and it's reporting a Copyright Violation issue. I updated my firmware about a month ago, but unfortunately I can't remember the exact rev.

Is this a known issue? Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
4,024 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiger /forum/post/13104976

Hi All,

First time reporting a problem on my Pansonic DMP BD-30. I put in "Cars" which I just received from Netflix and it's reporting a Copyright Violation issue. I updated my firmware about a month ago, but unfortunately I can't remember the exact rev.

Is this a known issue? Any help is appreciated!

Maybe its an HDCP issue, or a bad disk?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts