AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My PC is connected to an AV receiver (Denon 1602) and I'm using bookshelf speakers (Tannoy MX1 I believe). Having the speakers at the same plane as the screen and optimally wide apart is obviously impossible because of the corner setup. The two options that I can think of are:

1. Place the speakers on my sides and slightly to the front, toed in my direction. This is the current setup, and it sounds a bit odd.
-or-
2. Place the speakers on each side of the screen and facing me, with no toe in. I will need to hang them so that the don't take up the desk space I'm using for the mouse and peripherals.

Is the second option better? Any other alternatives?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
It would be fairly simple to try the second option and see which layout you like best. Since you are using a stereo configuration, keeping the sound centered on the TV should sound better, even if the separation between speakers is not optimal - OR, maybe it is since you are describing a "near field" speaker setup with the listener fairly close to the speakers.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It turns out the second option isn't practical after all. There's a window to the left of the screen and there isn't enough space on the wall below it to attach the speaker. There's also not enough room on the table. I can probably attach some satellite speaker but was hoping to not go into any extra purchases. I guess I'll stick with option 1 for now...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts