AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably a simple question, but search is disabled at the moment, and I am confused by Mikeyboy's ftp site. I am kind of a ReplayTV novice, but am good with computer hardware so I am going to replace the failing disk on my friend's ShowStopper 2020.

I got the disk image: Showstopper&Replay30xximage3.02.rtv from Mikeyboy's site, but I am not positive that this is the correct one. Is it right?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
All Panasonic Showstoppers are painted silver PVHS1000, 2000 and 3000 and use the image Showstopper&Replay30xximage3.02.rtv.

All replays are painted black replay2001,2004 and 2020. For these download the replay20XXvs3.02.zip file.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mikeyboy.

I have not seen his yet, but he said it was a "2020" so I will use the replay20XXvx3.02.zip file. I am trying to get the 80Gb Maxtor I bought ready for it so I can just drop it in when I get it Wednesday.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Woah! So I downloaded replay20XXvs3.02.zip and installed it on the new hard disk using RTVPatch 2.4. It was extremely fast. I figured it would take some time to dump 312Mb onto the disk, but it was almost instantaneous. I did not see any option initially to use large clusters, so after doing the "Restore Target Drive" with your disk image I did a "Patch Target Drive" and picked large clusters.

I am looking forward to sticking it in his unit on Wednesday.

Thanks for all of the help you give to folks here Mikeyboy.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
You must use the correct image for the model. If the wrong image is booted there's a slight possibility the EPROM data can become corrupted rendering the unit inoperative. The EPROM can be reprogrammed but it's best not to get into that situation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.