Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I had my HTPC set up for me over a year ago. I have an M-audio audiophile 2496 card. Under Win2K, the drivers do not autosense the audio stream, so I have to manually change settings on the driver when I switch between mp3's and dvds.

I just saw the thread here with Wayne's excellent response. I went to the Midiman page, and saw that it recommended 5.10.00.27 for Win2K. The thing is, my current drivers, from the Delta Control Panel, are 5.12.1.10. I don't know how these things are numbered, but that seems like a higher number to me.

Does anyone have any comments? Should I upgrade my drivers? Also, will I need to do the uninstall first, as recommended by Wayne?

Thanks!

Mike

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hi Mike:

___I can’t tell you why Midiman numbers the driver sets the way they do but the latest .27’s are truly the latest. Just follow the instructions including old driver removal with the uninstaller and you should be fine … The Auto-switch between PCM and DD/DTS sure was a nice addition, wasn’t it ;) We can all thank Cliff once again for that little change …

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]link.net

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Wayne! After I went back and followed *all* your steps (instead of just the ones I felt like following :) ), everything is working fine, with autoswitching between sources working perfectly!

Thanks! (I guess thanks Cliff too!)

Mike

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking at the last 4 releases for Win2K, I see, in reverse order:
  • 5.10.0.27 - 2002-05-16
  • 5.10.0.26 - 2001-11-28
  • 5.12.1.9 - 2001-11-27
  • 5.12.1.25 - 2001-11-27

And I had 5.12.1.10, which was older.

The 2 most recent numbers make sense, so assuming they continue in that pattern, I'll be able to figure out what the numbers mean.

At least I feel justified in being confused about the numbering of their drivers!

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.