AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
13,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wouldn't surprise me one bit..I hope Perfect Dark lives up to the original though and is good enough for the title as well :)

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
Wonder how it performs without the HDD. I would assume it's not all that bad or they would have required it. Final Fantasy is being reported as requiring it.

·
Banned
13,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not sure, but this was said by Pete Hines of the Bethesda (company making the game)

"For those of you that have been wondering, just a quick word. Oblivion does not REQUIRE a hard drive to work on Xbox 360. It will work on every Xbox 360. We would recommend you get one if you have the means because we use it heavily if you have one and it makes the game play smoother, but it is in no way a requirement. "

·
Banned
13,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
didn't realize that FF would not work without the HDD, but it isn't surprising.. I'm betting there may be more games in the future like that as well, but probably not many. Developers want to reach the largest audience possible.

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
Impressive!

But that Perfect Dark Zero may need some more polishing and refining, theres still a few jaggies present here and there which is'nt a good sign.I'm sure these are probably minor things to address and should be cleaned up by launch time.

If theres one thing i hope to never see again in these next gen consoles is jaggies!!!

I think we can all agree on that;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Im still split if I want to get this on the 360 or the PC. Im assuming it will be a tie, because my computers about a year old and the 360 will be lesser, but a console and new, so the graphics will be about the same in my best guess...

·
Banned
13,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrocHunter
Impressive!

But that Perfect Dark Zero may need some more polishing and refining, theres still a few jaggies present here and there which is'nt a good sign.I'm sure these are probably minor things to address and should be cleaned up by launch time.

If theres one thing i hope to never see again in these next gen consoles is jaggies!!!

I think we can all agree on that;)
we'll still have "jaggies" as these screens still show them. That is really unavoidable due the nature of console graphics being drawn by Squares, but they will be much less noticable at the higher resolutions, I don't see it as a problem. Quite the opposite of the Atari2600 "jaggies".

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
I'm glad that Bethesda decided to remove the medium armor type. It created way too much hassle when it came to stat building.

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
That's what worries me with these next gen games:(

I was hoping there would be an end to it, but maybe not!

Oh well it still looks very impressive!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad_arth
Im still split if I want to get this on the 360 or the PC. Im assuming it will be a tie, because my computers about a year old and the 360 will be lesser, but a console and new, so the graphics will be about the same in my best guess...
Well, if it helps any, Bethesda spokespeople have said that only a top-of-the-line PC will be able to match the Xbox360 version, so the visuals will probably be inferior on your year-old PC.

"If you have the latest, greatest PC with the best video card, etc., it will probably look the same as the Xbox 360 version. Anything else will probably lag behind."

- Pete Hines, Bethesda Marketing

http://theconsolewars.blogspot.com/2...-hines-of.html

However, the PC does have the benefit of an active mod community. Nonetheless, I'm getting it for 360. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.