AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Sanyo PLV-Z2, and would like to do some tweaking to eliminate some color imbalances (minor ones, but still)

Is there software in existance (possibly ffdshow?) that can adjust the gamma for each individual color channel in the overlay? My ATI Radeon 9000 has controls for gamma in the display panel, but they have no effect on the overlay, which of course is where I need them the most.

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
powerstrip perhaps..

brickie

·
Registered
16,914 Posts
The ATi control Panel can adjust each color if you want to keep it simple , Powerstrip can do this as well .

--- Jason

*** Does not change Overlay gamma ??? ***

-- It should change the Gamma for all output ...

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
I haven't tried this particular filter in ffdshow but it does have per colour gamma control.

It's in the "Picture properties" filter.

You can do this with Powerstrip as well but I'm not sure if you can get it control the overlay.

·
Registered
16,914 Posts
Nice digital PJ there by the way :) .

-- Wouldn't the settings made with ATi Control Panel / Powerstrip change desktop as well as Overlay [ I think it does - so it would not be an Overlay specific adjustment ] . Now if you are using VMR9 then you can use the Newer ATi control Panel to adjust "3D" only which should work alone without changing the Desktop .

-- But then I am not certain the Radeon 9000 does VMR9 or if you even wish to use it ;) .

-- Oh and ffdshow can control the Overlay per color gamma [ just checked it out ;) ] .

---- Jason

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm almost certain that the ATI control panel gamma controls do NOT affect the overlay. IIRC, I max them all out (pretty far out color!), and then fired up theatertek, and the overlay looked perfectly normal.

I'll definitely check out ffdshow then . . . I'm off to download it! I'm just hoping my 2Ghz AMD can handle it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.