Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I've heard that some LCD projectors are prone to Green push, and that is should be corrected with an FLD filter. Here's the question:

Is there a quality difference between Hoya, Tiffen, and Quantaray filters? I hear Hoya mentioned the most on this board. That being said, are we talking FL-D Fluorescent (HMC) Multi-Coated Glass ($20) or FL-D Fluorescent Glass ($15)?

Thanks all,

I KNOW Scott and vincanity know this one.

LaKidd

"W*** is from the earth"

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I use a Hoya FL-Day multicoat filter with my 75U. I guess I forgot to mention that. I bought it for $20.00 online. I found the filter improves the picture and contrast, at the expense of brightness though. The green push is really a matter of subjectivity. If I didn't read about it here, I would never have noticed it. I initially tried the filter but realized that it took away from the brightness for me when I was using a matte white screen. I initially took it off. However, when I got my High Power screen, I put the filter back on and am very happy with the results. The gain of the High Power keeps the image brighter and the filter works great.

For $20.00, I think the filter is worth getting. You want a multicoat filter to minimize the light that is reflected back. It keeps the picture bright. Hoya is the only multicoat FL-D I have seen. The Panasonic 75u takes a 55mm filter.

Man I'm bored today. Nobody is in my office, they all took Good Friday off. There is maybe 15 people out of 150 in my office. That's government work for you :)

Scott

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
How do you like it? I think we have had contact before. Were you part of the group that was supposed to get together before it was cancelled at the last minute? I was really looking forward to that.

·
Registered
643 Posts
It's a great entry level PJ, at least to my eyes. With some minor tweaking I have a picture I'm pretty happy with. Yes, I am one from the group of NEO HTers. I too was excited to get a glimpse at other PJ's...especially before I made up my mind about mine, but I think I made the right decision for me...at least for now.

Bricktop

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.