AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a Lightware LCD projector (XGA, 700 lumens) dirt cheap. I know its not the typical home theater projector, but it should make for a nice starter system (considering the price).

Question - It does not have any internal/electronic correction for keystone. That means I would have to mount the projector at the geographic center of the screen. I've just started designing a dedicated home theater in my basement, but I'm concerned people in the seats will cause shadows. I'd like to mount the projector higher, but this will introduce keystone.

Any thoughts? I've thought about tilting the project slightly to correct this effect?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Hello,

The Lightware L1020 has fixed optical keystone correction of approx 11 degrees. Mount the proj either below the screen (table top) or above the screen (upside down ceiling mount) at approx 11 degrees relative to the screen any you should have no keystoning.

If you do the ceiling mount, consider a filtered hush box as the L1020 optics can get quite dirty quickly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.