AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a week or so ago I noticed that the "hours left" display had flipped from the usual "30 hours 21 minutes" to ~456789 hours!

Then I noticed that a few of my scheduled recordings had corrupt (high-ASCII) characters. Attempting to select any of these to delete them results in a lock-up, then an auto-reboot.

I've cleared nearly every thing off the HDD, to no avail. I can't get rid of the "corrupt" entries, and if I get rid of the last few non-corrupt ones, I'm afraid I'll just be stuck in a constant reboot.

I've tried the "Refresh Partition"; I get "Your partition doesn't need to be refreshed."

It's a 3000-series ReplayTV with a 2-year-old (larger, non-factory) HDD.

Questions:

A: Anyone else see this and have a quick-fix?

B: If I use the "382 Restore Factory Settings" code will my partition get reformatted? Also, do I need to re-register with Replay / Sonic Blue?

C: Same as (b), but for the "876 Will force a full setup the next time you reboot" code.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
You can try a factory restore, but chances are the HD is failing. I had the same thing happen (corrupted listings), and the drive died within a couple days.

I'd pull the drive and run diagnostics before trusting it any further.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Yeah... Andy is probably right, but at least for me, disconnecting everything from my Replay is a major PITA. So I would just try to clear the guide data (isn't there an option for that too?) then I would restore factory settings, etc. You won't need to re-register if I remember correctly.

This might buy you add'l months or more with this drive and save you time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thaks for the suggestions. I wound up doing a LLF and then re-imaging it. It seems to be working, no re-activation, but I did have to re-configure the dialing and such...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.