AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ripped several blu-rays to mkv files. They all played fine initially under MPC-HC with lav/cuvid or TMT5. Recently, however, I found that the Avatar file would not play anymore - it loads to a black screen with no audio. All of my other files still work fine. I suppose I could re-rip it... any other ideas?

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
files don't just get corrupted unless there is a bigger issue going on, such as a virus or a hard drive going bad.

I'd run a check disk program for bad sectors and a full virus scan if you haven't recently.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
+1 for a disk check for bad sectors, smells like a HDD going haywire

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. The disk is clean and MediaInfo show both video and audio information. Interestingly, it plays OK in VLC so I'm not sure where that leaves me. I guess I'll re-check my preferences and filters on TMT and MPC-HC. Maybe its trying to play in 3D (my system is 2D). Perhaps I have a codec conflict, but why would other MKVs play fine then?

Edit: no, it is not trying to play in 3D.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVWinkle /forum/post/20849480

I had a movie that did this, not all mkvs are equal and a years worth of codec and splitter updates seemed to be the culprit. My fix was to open it up in makemkv and make it into a new mkv.

OK, that worked! Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.