AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
There are many dealers for the NEC in Singapore, you can find them at www.nec.com.sg. The quotes I got were around SGD8,000 plus/minus a few hundred, I would order it from the States and have someone bring it back to you, or shipped, it would still cost less than what you would pay here in Asia, there just are not enough volume here for the kind of discount you get in the States.

------------------

Jaz

Singapore

[This message has been edited by Jaz (edited 09-02-2001).]

·
Premium Member
2,325 Posts
modram,

I was lucky enough to get one during the Dell madness at a great price.

However, prior to that I found a guy here in Singapore who might be able to do you a better deal than Jaz mentions above.

Send me an email and I'll give you his details.

------------------

Peter M

I calibrate, therefore I am.

·
Registered
38 Posts
guys - I am in Singapore and keen on LT 150, if we can get a good price then you can count me in.

May be we could put in our request together and see if we get a better bargain

Sandeep

·
Registered
498 Posts
Sawasdee modram! Here in HK it cost 28.000 HK$. As you can get it much cheaper in the states, you better of ordering it (that's what I did)!

------------------

BR /// Rob

·
Registered
38 Posts
did you use international shipment vendor whoships to HK ... wonder if any dealer may ship to Singapore

Also - what kinda warranty do you have for international shipment

·
Premium Member
2,325 Posts
Sandeep,

If you have it shipped over from the US you will have no warranty cover at all. I was willing to take that risk with my Dell projector because the price was so good. YMMV

If anyone else in Singapore is interested, please post to this thread and I will talk with my guy about a power buy. No promises - but I will see what I can do.

------------------

Peter M

I calibrate, therefore I am.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sinhas:
did you use international shipment vendor whoships to HK ... wonder if any dealer may ship to Singapore

Also - what kinda warranty do you have for international shipment
Yes, I used PC Super Deals:

https://www.pcsuperdeals.com/index.asp

At the moment you can find the LT150 for U$2,443. They charge me another U$180 for the shipping, still thought it ended up much cheaper then buy it in HK. The only complain I have with PC Super deals was that it took them three weeks before the shipped it. Once shipped it took only three days "door to door".

If you so some surfing you might find it even cheaper. Unfortunately I found out that most don't do international shippments.

------------------

BR /// Rob

·
Registered
10 Posts
For those in Singapore, you might want to consider the NEC VT540 instead. NEC was having a promotion on this unit, I got it for less than SGD 5,000. I too was considering ordering the LT150 from the States but since there was this offer, decided to get it instead, partly due to warranty and support considerations. I have not regretted my decision. One of the main differences is that the LT150 does not have a zoom function and unless you have a big place, getting a big projected image will be a challenge. At least with the VT540, I could use the zoom function to get a big image with a relatively short distance.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Hi VC,

A zoom lens has nothing to do with "getting a big projected image"! The ONLY function of a zoom lens is to zoom DOWN (shrink) the picture at a longer throw distance.

The LT150 throw distance is at only 1.6x of image width which is VERY short for a LCD/DLP projector. I'd be very surprise if the VT540 throw distance is even shorter.

regards,

Li On

·
Registered
498 Posts
Comparing the LT150 with the VT540 is a little bit like comparing apples with peers. Yes, they both from NEC but one is a DLP and the other a LCD. They both have their pros and cons. If you are looking for an LT150 I assume you are looking for the DLPs advantages.

------------------

BR /// Rob

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi guys,

I don't think you have to worry about not getting warranty if you didn't buy it in your home country. This is because most of the projectors are primarily for travelling business presentation, so most of them carry international support and service warranty. Hack, the projectors all come standard with power cords for different countries, and will except 100-240 Volts 50~60Hz. You will be dealing with NEC Sevice direct and not with the dealer who sold you the projector. For the NEC LT150, please check NEC website.

for US pricing: http://shopper.cnet.com/shopping/res...r.mp.pr2848441

[This message has been edited by DKChan (edited 09-04-2001).]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.