AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my HC1500 is in need of a new color wheel I believe, and considering it needs a new bulb too I'm trying to weigh repairing it versus investing in a new 1080p projector.

My problem is getting an estimate on the cost. Mitsubishi Tech Support told me to call the national service center for an estimate. When I did, they refused to give an estimate and said I'd have to pay for shipping both ways and a $60 bench fee before they'd give me a repair estimate. More extra money that I don't want to throw at this if I decide it's not worth it.

Surely someone here must have some experience in this department, as this is/was a popular projector and this is a common repair. Anyone know?

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
The part isn't cheap, I believe it's somewhere around $350 - $400. Mitsubishi is one of the more expensive out there on their parts.

Why do you believe you need it replaced?

Oh, and color wheels have been known to fail in most of the makes out there, no one is immune.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan1952 /forum/post/19575798

The part isn't cheap, I believe it's somewhere around $350 - $400. Mitsubishi is one of the more expensive out there on their parts.

Well, that plus bulb seems to suggest I'm better off putting the money towards a new projector.

Quote:
Why do you believe you need it replaced?

Sounds like a buzz saw, comes and goes and varies in volume. From what I read, it's a common problem... and from the pitch it has to be the color wheel. Too fast for the fan.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scummer /forum/post/19589597

I just very recently did replace my wheel on my HC3000

Look here for instructions and possible pricing. Could be a different wheel tho and maybe cheaper.. who knows.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...7#post19541817

Thanks. I'm extremely good at taking things apart and putting them back together again. I work on all sorts of things, including notebook computers, all the time.

Just wondering how you nailed down the part# of the color wheel?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I called customer service of Mitsu and they directed me to the technical support where I got the part number. Then I received the number for Mitsu parts, got the pdf's and faxed them back. 3 days later, voila, color wheel in my hands.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts