Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I jumped at the chance to own a 42pa25 when I was them at costco last week..........now I'm considering the PD model for many of the reasons listed in previous threads. I know Costco has a liberal return policy, but I'm not sure of the specifics, such as refunds from the time of purchase. BTW, I love my TV.......no really, I LOVE it.

Urosepsis.

post script: I thank all you for your expertise, passion and inputs, I suffer from social performance anxiety and prefer to sit on the sidelines.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Costco's return policy is the most liberal in the biz. You can take it back at any time. No questions asked!

Vb

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
If what I was told at Sam's Club is true, they have adopted the same policy - return anytime after you buy. If you have the receipt you get a full refund, otherwise you get replacement or store credit. Unfortunately, Sams' Club does not have the extensive lineup of plasmas as does Costco. But they have better prices on what they have.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Just a word of advice. The manufacturers DO NOT SUPPORT Costco's policy.

·
Registered
162 Posts
i doubt sam's policy is a liberal because, it is my understanding, that they still sell some extended warranties an some products... makes me think that they might be different from costco...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Okay... Both Costco and Sam's Club return policy are the same... How do I know this?! Having good friends as warehouse managers for both companies... Both are liberal with the exception of computer systems... Both of them adopted a 6 month return policy on computer systems... You can pretty much return almost anything (except for PC's) at anytime... Just make sure you have your receipt and, if possible, the original packaged materials - box, manuals, cables, etc...

With that being said, there's two things to consider... Please... PLEASE don't abuse this liberal return policy... Remember that it's a "privilage" and with enough abuse, could be taken away... Lastly, they do keep track of your spending habits... They will know if you're a frequent product returner!!! It's all in their customer database, so please be careful...

Again, please be considerate and don't abuse this "privilaged" return policy that Costco and Sam's Club has for us... :D

- Air B

·
Registered
850 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mike53
I don't understand what you mean - why does this matter? If you return it to Costco, it is for full refund and between you and the store. The manufacturer is in no way involved. BTW, you sometimes can't return things without the manual. They don't care if you have the box, but the manual is often required.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Indeed you need to have everything that came with it originally, except the box. I suppose depending on the reason they MAY overlook some missing parts ... but it is best to have everything.

-Kevin

·
Registered
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by 90c4

---------------------

---------------------

I don't understand what you mean - why does this matter? If you return it to Costco, it is for full refund and between you and the store. The manufacturer is in no way involved. BTW, you sometimes can't return things without the manual. They don't care if you have the box, but the manual is often required.
Agreed. It is an agreement between Costco's Purchasing Dept. and the manufacturer or distributor. I am sure Costco uses their buying power to leverage returns to their sellers or there is some sort of agreement between the parties.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Quote:
You have to be kidding me! Costco attempts to return everything to the manufacturer. I have dealt with this issue for years. Their return rate runs at 10-11%. When the manufacturer gets it back it is usually destroyed because customers return it without original packing. Get real!

·
Registered
850 Posts
Quote:
You have to be kidding me!
When I said that Costco doesn't care, I meant that the lack of packaging doesn't affect the ability to return the item. And when I said the manufacturer is not involved, I'm also referring to the refund transaction between the buyer and the store. There policy isn't one that I abuse, but its the reason that I buy a lot of stuff there.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Quote:
When I said that Costco doesn't care, I meant that the lack of packaging doesn't affect the ability to return the item. And when I said the manufacturer is not involved, I'm also referring to the refund transaction between the buyer and the store. There policy isn't one that I abuse, but its the reason that I buy a lot of stuff there.
You must be one of the rare ones....we have received microwave ovens back from them with food still in them. That is a violation of FDA rules. They return absolute crap. TV's thrown in fruit boxes surrounded by diapers and other electronic stuff. Absolute BS. The manufacturer is very much involved and you are paying ultimately a higher price because of it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
i still stand by my opinion... if sam's was as liberal as costco then why do they sell service agreements? costco does not sell any extended warranties and if you ask them about one they will tell you they don't sell them because they don't need to... i think sam's might tell you to call the manufacturer if you had a problem... i will concede that their return policy on paper appears the same as costco's...

Service agreement:

"Description:

For Service Plan validation, print or save:

This item page

Terms and Conditions for the state you live in (see links below)

Your samsclub.com order confirmation page - this serves as your proof of purchase

With a SAMS CLUB Service Agreement, there are no deductibles or hidden fees. All eligible repairs are fully covered for 3 years after expiration of the manufacturers warranty. And, if we cant fix it, well replace it for FREE! This plan covers parts and labor costs resulting from mechanical or electrical failure of the product caused by defects in workmanship, materials, and/or normal wear and tear, including those caused by power surges. We will repair the product, reimburse you for authorized repairs or replace the product by issuing a check, voucher or cash card (at our discretion) when required due to a breakdown, including those experienced during normal wear and tear, which is not concurrently covered under any other warranty, service plan or insurance policy.

In-Home/On-Site Service Available

Qualified products receive convenient in-home or on-site service when it is specified in the manufacturers warranty terms.

Transferable

If you sell your product or give it as a gift, the Plan is transferable to the new owner.

No Lemon Guarantee

If your product fails after 3 identical repairs, it will be replaced with a comparable model, or a check will be issued for its full value."

Return policy:

"Member Satisfaction is 100% guaranteed by samsclub.com on both products and Memberships. You may return your online purchase (except auction items) to any of our SAM'S CLUB locations nationwide. (Use our Club Locator to find the Club nearest you.) Or, you may return your merchandise directly to samsclub.com using our online return process in the My Account section of our site. You may also contact our Member Service Department for simple instructions.

Items purchased on samsclub.com auctions can be returned within 30 days of purchase by contacting a Member Service Representative for approval and instructions. Merchandise purchased from samsclub.com auctions can NOT be returned to a local SAM'S CLUB location.

No matter how you choose to process your return, a friendly SAM'S CLUB Member Service Representative will provide you with a full refund. For purchases returned through the online process, you will receive credit to the account that was charged at the time of purchase. For purchases returned to your local Club with a printout of your order, your refund will be in the form of a Shopping Card, cash, or credit to the account charged (if available in the Club of choice.) Returns made to your local Club, without a printout of the order, will receive a full refund in the form of a Shopping Card.

Exceptions to this policy include:

Computers, which can be returned within 6 months of the original purchase date, except Dell computer which carry a 30 day unconditional guarantee.

Theme park tickets, which are non-refundable.

Shopping Cards, which can not be redeemed for cash.

At samsclub.com, we reserve the right, at any time, to modify, alter, or update this policy. Your order constitutes an agreement to be bound by such modifications, alterations, or updates to this policy. Our ultimate goal is for you to be satisfied with your samsclub.com shopping experience and purchases"

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
I have to say to you all:

Please don't abuse the Costco policy. If you do, it will go away or the products will go away.

Mike is right that people return junk and Costco essentially forces this on mfrs. Eventually, the PC folk said: "No more. The stuff is obsolete >>and

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.