AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am simply looking for a unit that will hold me over (6 months or so) until I finish designing my HT room. After this is done, the TV will go in the bedroom or in my office to be used primarily as a TV/monitor for work AND gaming (if possible). I can do without the gaming capabilities if this drives my costs up too much, which I think it may. I really want to remain under $1000 on this purchase, but in the end, I do not want to regret this purchase in any way down the road. My preferences lead me to Sammy's, although the budget will certainly be broken if I do. I would like to stay above 40" if possible and this leads me to either AOC or Sceptre, but you often get what you pay for. Should I even consider a plasma instead? Any input would be appreciated!

Peace

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Do you really have to purchase it at Costco since Samsung LN40A550 should be within your price range, just a little over?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I don't. I was leaning that way for the extended warranty and 90-day return policy. Talk to me!

PS: I can expand the budget if needed, though each time I do this, I seem to quickly get back to $1500 or $2000 again. lol

·
Registered
1,909 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinboyyo /forum/post/14334836

Peeking at that unit now, ty.

PC World just gave it an 83 "Very Good". I have it's little brother the VO32 and it's been outstanding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts