AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 771 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just at Costco and saw Pulaski Churchill Home Theater Power Recliner for $499.99
Anyone know anything about these? so I was not sure if this was a good price.

They only had 2.

Features...
• Top-grain leather on all seating surfaces
• (2) USB jacks and (1) power outlet located in arm
• Effortless power recline at the touch of a button
• Table tray can be used in right or left arm
• Cupholders fit most cans, bottles and cups
• Padded back, sides and arms for extra comfort

Attachments

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
My gut is that this is some serious money for an off brand. The online folks should be able to match that price with name brand stuff.

·
RETIRED theater builder
33,837 Posts
I saw those and sat in one. I didn't come away with anything positive to say about them it didn't scream "great deal". I think the chairs marketed by Rtheaters and HTmarket are better values. The current Costco offering also all come with two arm rests which will take up more room if you are doing a row. Now if you keep watching your local store, they may close out their on hand inventory if they don't move. Then you might get a bargain.

·
Registered
487 Posts
when the last number drops to a 7 as 99 to .97 its on clearance, when it has an asterisk upper right its past season or dead inventory buy it if u want, there will be no more.

buy it and take it home, try out if u dont like u can always take it back Costco return policy is unbeatable...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Good timing of your post. I saw them this weekend and just spent a bunch of time & effort going to multiple Costcos to bring 6 of these bad boys home. I really do like them. They are contemporary'ish (vs the fluffy pillowy stuff), they have nice tray tables (silver and black), and a USB and power port in the armrests and glide nicely. I like them a lot, but unfortunately they are going back. As mentioned earlier, they are big, especially as they are individual chairs and thus have extra armrests (vs row of 3 which shares). In my 12'4" wide room, they technically fit but leave very little room on the sides. Yes I measured and know they technically fit, but its too tight overall.

To your original question, I like them, alot. Are they well made? As a first time buyer of these chairs, I have no clue if underneath they are made well. What is foam density? Who knows?.....there are no specs and you cant' contact the company.

At 3K for 6 chairs, that's the same price as 3 chairs from Palliser or something. But sadly they are going back.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I sat in these chairs over the weekend and played around with them for a while. They're very comfortable. The leather feels nice. The power recline moves nice and smooth. I liked that there was a power outlet and a USB plug under the right armrest.

I think the biggest issue, as noted would be that these take up a lot of room because they don't share the armrests. I too have a room that's right around 12' 6" wide. I have two rows of theater seats that measure out to be 8' 4" and I have a tiny bit over 2 ft on each side to walk through. Just the right amount of walking space. Any less would not be good.

So if you have the room I would consider these chairs. Buying anything at Costco you can put your mind at ease especially with there return policy.

·
Registered
77 Posts
One other thing on these, not sure if typical. Each chair has two power cords...one for recline and one for the electric outlet in armrest. So for 6 chairs, that's 12 outlets.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I saw those and sat in one. I didn't come away with anything positive to say about them it didn't scream "great deal". I think the chairs marketed by Rtheaters and HTmarket are better values. The current Costco offering also all come with two arm rests which will take up more room if you are doing a row. Now if you keep watching your local store, they may close out their on hand inventory if they don't move. Then you might get a bargain.
Hey Jeff, i'm back to possibly keeping these.....want to compare to some other chairs I will soon see....but as I know you know your way around all this stuff, why didn't they impress you? Very soft, top grain, crazy good price, costco support.....but did you feel something in the build wasn't right?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I bought one and like it. Looking for another one but Costco doesn't carry it. Still waiting for our room to be built so I really don't have a place to store unless in garage for another 3 months.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Did anyone try the red Barcalounger Pegasus II at Costco? Not your traditional theater seat but real comfortable and a great price when you consider the non-costco version of the chair, The Oracle II, goes for a little over $1000. It's just too bad they don't sell them in black.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Thread resurrection...

There's an online rebate this month for Abbyson Living 3-seat power-reclining home theater seating. US$1800 after $600 rebate (S&H included, and the usual Costco return assurance).

Is there a "Costco deals" thread here like we have at another site? Any interest in one?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking to buy 1-3 black Pulaski Churchill chairs to match the two I bought at Costco. If anyone has a 1-3 used chairs they would like to sell and ship, or knows where they have new stock, I would pay a generous price.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Just grabbed 1 at Costco last night. It is on sale for $399.99 after $100 rebate. Many stores near me have plenty. Item number is #992364 Theater recliner. Please call the stores and see if they have it.

I think $399.99 is a great price for a power HT recliner with leather on all seating surfaces. Also, Pulaski is actually a mid level furniture brand, higher level than Ashley. "The Larson chair " but with bonded leather is $635 shipped at Amazon.com. Costco's return policy makes getting the chair a no-brainer. Another huge plus is that I was able to load it into my hatchback after removing the outer box.

I wish the chair has the option to remove armrests and daisy chain the chairs together. It is more contemporary looking than most recliner chair which is why my wife likes it. She hates how most reclining sofa/loveseat/armchair look and thinks they are too country looking. She liked The Barcalounger Pegasus II recliner but too bad it was only available in red at Costco.

I will get another one tonight.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Just grabbed 1 at Costco last night. It is on sale for $399.99 after $100 rebate. Many stores have plenty. I think $399.99 is a great price for a power HT recliner with leather on all seating surfaces. Also, Pulaski is actually a mid level furniture brand, higher level than Ashley. A similar chair but with bonded leather is $635 shipped at Amazon.com. Costco's return policy makes getting the chair a no-brainer. Another huge plus is that I was able to load it into my hatchback after removing the outer box.

I wish the chair has the option to remove armrests and daisy chain the chairs together. It is more contemporary looking than most recliner chair which is why my wife likes it. She hates how most reclining sofa/loveseat/armchair look and thinks they are too country looking. She liked The Barcalounger Pegasus II recliner but too bad it was only available in red at Costco.

I will get another tonight.
Pics or it didn't happen, you have peaked my interest and I am curious what it looks like.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
I will have to take a look at this during lunch, we just got a Cosco here, so I am unsure if they will have it or not. The price seems great for what it comes with and I like the power in the armrests, would take that over LEDs any day. I think I would go for 4 of these and do 2 rows of 2, as I only have 9'6" of width across. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
844 Posts
I saw the Costco chair a couple of days ago and took some pictures. I was very impressed with the quality and the size. I am 6' 3" and the foot rest when reclined gave good support. A La-z-boy sofa I have seems short in comparison. The head rest also seemed to fit me very well. I don't see anywhere that it is called the "Churchill" so this is possibly a totally different chair than the one discussed at the beginning of this thread. The chair was very comfortable. Looks to be tough to beat for the price. The width is an issue because there is no sharing of armrests, but there is also the positive of no sharing of armrests.

Attachments

·
Registered
337 Posts
Just got back from Costco, first time I have ever been there, we just had one open up this past summer. They are very comfortable and seems like there were a lot of people that kept looking at them as well. They had 4 in boxes and 1 display, I asked and they have 10 in stock total. I like how the MIR has no limit and is instant. I took a look at how it was constructed and it looks like the arms are bolted to the metal frame at the bottom and have one wood support that connects the two arms together. All the power is located on the right arm so I am curious if I can remove the left arms to make a row of 3. Though the big problem for me is that I have 9'6" of width, so if I modified them to do a row of 3 I would only have a 14" aisle, I can do a love set left, though that would require a bit more work for the relocation of the power etc. That would give me 21", if I go with them I might have to do 2 rows of 2 or get three and stagger them a little I might have to do a rise. Though that would impact the the ability of the room to have more than one function. I could stow them in a L configuration when I only have 2 people and move the other two around when I have more than that.

To be honest the feel didn't feel like "leather" to me, it felt more like a synthetic leather, I do question the quality, the table had a crack on it, guess someone dropped it. They also left the dust caps on the accessory ports. I do like the power inside the chair and prefer that over LEDs any day.

1 - 20 of 771 Posts