1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Bugg
Just saw this on the Costco site.
Thanks! Dave.

That's awesome...now Costco is on the bandwagon! I love that chaise lounger, very stylish. My wife wants one for her living room, except in grey leather.

·
Registered
297 Posts
They are VERY comfortable. I almost drooled when I first sat in one (the leather version). They have them on display at the Costco Home Store in Kirkland, WA (near the home of Costco). BTW, Costco Home is a fru-fru furniture store...not discount, but actually nice stuff in a warehouse setting, open only to Costco members.

Anyhow, they are quite comfortable. I looked at them a couple of months ago. As I recall, they have a manual recline lever (but I could be remembering wrong).

There is a similar product for a similar price at the Bon Home Store (the Bon Marche's furniture store) that is electric and just as comfortable, but has the extra "wow" factor of having an electric rocker switch control and the ability to stop the recline process at any point.

Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts
Thanks for the info......I think I found my chairs!!!!! Quick question Mark, what color are the wooden feet on the chairs....cherry, blond, dark maple? I couldn't tell from the photos.

Thanks

Ron

·
Registered
297 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rboster
Thanks for the info......I think I found my chairs!!!!! Quick question Mark, what color are the wooden feet on the chairs....cherry, blond, dark maple? I couldn't tell from the photos.

Thanks

Ron
Don't know about the feet. I don't have the chairs. I don't have a theater room...my TV/HT is in my living room. The chairs were just comfortable and very cool when I saw them.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Interesting find.

These look identical to some I saw recently at a Sofa Express outlet in Mentor, Ohio. I was told they were made by a company called StyleCraft which is a division of Klaussner Industries. They have a non-functioning website listed.

The seats were black leather, with a "pull" type handle at the cushion level to release the seatback variable adjustment. They were nice looking, very comfortable, and seemed to be well made.

They had a spec sheet with some component sizing info. The seat width was indicated to be 30 inches. I was curious and went back with a tape measure. The seat is actually 26 inches wide. The measurements I took fall right in line with the Berkline 099 series.

I was told there is a motor option, but it is a massage function, and not related to seat angle adjustment.

The price I was quoted for 3 leather chairs comes to about the same price as the Costco 4 leather chair + chaise lounge combo deal.

Anyone know if there might be a connection here?

Ray

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone else seen these chairs at a Costco (or Costco-affiliated) store?

They look like just the thing (cheap), but I'm a bit worried about spending quote so much on furniture sight-unseen. Or, more to the point, my wife refuses to.

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts
I bought three of the chairs....it will be 4-6 weeks for delivery. Since Costco runs out of inventory, I didn't want to wait......if they don't work...I can return them to the store and get my money back!

Ron

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts
Update on the Costco chairs.....

"When placing your order you must order a 2-pack of arms with every order and a wedge arm needs to be purchased when connecting any two pieces together."

I read this to mean if I order one of the "Sets" like the 3 chair set. ....you had to order the arms in addition to the "set." So I did just that....I got a call from the manufacturer asking if I needed the extra arms..that the set came with the necessary arms so my order would be in addition to.

I had no idea...this makes the three chair set for less then $600 per chair delivered a no brainer (for me).

I guess the above Costco language should read when ordering a individual chairs or chaise lounges you need to order......

·
Registered
20 Posts
rboster ...

Sounds like you're getting extremely quick service from the manufacturer, or did you get the call from Costco. Reason for asking -- I've been following the thread on these chairs, and it appears to be silent on the manufacturer, though there's been the initial speculation that they may be from "StyleCraft which is a division of Klaussner Industries" ?? Do you know who the manufacturer is ??

·
Registered
3 Posts
I requested some fabric swatches via a link on the Costco web page, and in a comments section I asked if any Costco has them on display. I received this response the next day (my request was in the evening):

Quote:
Hi Adam - The Royal Cinema Group is only available online at www.costco.com. It is not at any Costco warehouse to see in person.

Sharon M. Rafter

AB Sales & Marketing
[email protected]

425-837-1400 x103

Fax: 425-837-8075
Unfortunately, www.absales.com just gives a Microsoft Exchange webmail access page...

·
Registered
297 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
The Costco picture shows four chairs attached together without arms on the center seat. I don't see why someone would tell you that you needed to buy wedge arms to go between each seat.
The photo has arms on each chair...unless you are looking at a different photo. *shrug*

Anyhow, the chairs I saw (that I saw at Costco Home) were built as follows: one side (right or left, I can't remember) has 2 arms, one on the outside and one on the inside. The other side (left or right) has only one arm on the outside. The ends are more-or-less straight/square corners. The middle pieces (wedge arms) only have one arm (on whichever side would make the above ends work correctly). The middle pieces are wedge shaped and give a row a curved shape.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
766 Posts
What are the dimmensions for Berkine 090's when fully reclined? Back of seat to forward edge of foot rest. I checked the Berkline website. They list overall Dimmension, but they don't say if that is in the upright, or reclined position?

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
These are the least expensive cinema recliners that I have seen, especially since we're looking at delivered and assembled pricing.

However, from my interpretation of the Costco web site it would appear that you can only build curved multi-chair configurations. Apparently all the outside ends of any configuration accommodate straight arms and all the inside connections between chairs take wedge arms.

The overall dimensions shown on the supplementary document are really not very helpful in determining how much space would be needed for a riser platform since no one orients the assembled rows of chairs as shown on the drawings. It would be helpful if those who receive their chairs could post the actual overall arm to arm dimensions.

Thanks.

Larry

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.