AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if a national HDTV feed of the WB and UPN could be possible for Dish or Directv. The reason I ask is because in my market (#138), there are no WB or UPN affiliates. What with the announcement of the WB doing 4 hours and I think UPN doing some too(is that right??) a national feed would be great(like dish does with CBS). I assume that the same rules apply with WB and UPN as they do with the big 4.

Anyone think this could happen??

I know UPN is a Viacom CBS company right?

Is the WB in bed with any of the big 4??

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Dish carries CBS national but you have to go through a waiver process to get it. As long as you could not receive it locally then you would probably get a waiver (assuming Dish or DirectTV would carry it). I wouldn't even think about Dish carrying these until their merger with DirectTV goes through.

·
Registered
474 Posts
WB isn't in bed with any of the big four. Last I recall, WB (Warner Brothers) was owned by AOL Time Warner. Would AOLTW sign off on such a deal, when they also own Time Warner Cable? Who knows. They own HBO, and the DBS guys carry that...

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
WGN (WB) and WWOR (UPN) would be good candidates, since they have both been national superstations on the analog side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.