AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, I'm not sure if this is the correct location to post this, but it seemed to be the only forum area specifically for building/buying. Please feel free to move it if it is not in the correct location!

The only brands that I currently know are good are Sony, Sanyo, Samsung, and Vizio (though Phillips looks pretty good, I have never used one). These are the requirements that I am looking for:

-37'' or 32'' (preferably 37)

-1080p or 720p (I've been told that there is not a difference under 40'' anyways)

-Multiple HDMI inputs and composite input

-Under $500

I'm not opposed to ordering from a trusted source online, but I'd like to test one out in-person if at all possible. Can anyone here help me out?

·
RETIRED theater builder
36,738 Posts
Head down to your local Costco, Sams Club, or Wallmart, there is no need to ship this thing cross country. Don't get talked into buying expensive cables at Best Buy, see Monoprice.com instead.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC /forum/post/18139515

Head down to your local Costco, Sams Club, or Wallmart, there is no need to ship this thing cross country. Don't get talked into buying expensive cables at Best Buy, see Monoprice.com instead.

Could you recommend any reliable brands? I don't think that looks alone would necessarily be a smart way to shop, and I'm not 100% on all of the subtle features and specifications.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
If u come here, or go into a store and be all passive about the purchase, which sounds like you are, then you are likely to fall for anything from whoever happens to reply to you.

These forums work best when u spend time to read the many posts and decide for yourself what is most suitable for your needs.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechanicalMan /forum/post/18141629

The Panasonic TC-L37U22 would probably be a good choice in that price range, but it hasn't been released yet. FYI, 42" plasmas will start around $500 when the C2 is released.

First I have heard of these...have you had a chance to see one?

·
Registered
2,127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by topr /forum/post/18142108

First I have heard of these...have you had a chance to see one?

No. But there are only a few companies making cheap 37" LCDs, and I would expect that to be one of the better ones. LG's CCFL LCDs weren't very impressive in 2009, and those are probably the only companies that I'd be considering for a 37".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.