AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,626 Posts
Sure, the waveguide will fit between it. You might have to make a baffle for it, but it kind of looks like you won't.

As long as you're hacking things up, glue in a few 2x2's to make the enclosure stronger/dead.

See if you can find some "Howard's Restore-a-Finish" to re-finish the wood veneer. Stuff works awesome.

·
Registered
7,626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benareeno
this design could be good for 5 satellites....I've been waiting for a smaller econowave design...I think I shall buy it!
It's not an Econowave. It's just "Econowave'ish" in style.

Doesn't share any of the same components or crossover schema.

I'm not saying it's bad. Just that I have no idea what you'll be getting out of it.

·
Registered
7,626 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmercy /forum/post/20860223

Sorry, it was a bad joke, but bang for buck on those things is pretty good....

JSS

Yep, it has a piezo tweeter instead of a compression driver. Last time I saw a piezo tweeter was in a dollar car stereo shop, sitting on a shelf next to a 13 band Sparkomatic EQ booster.

I'm sure the combo had some thought put into its design and sounds decent. Parts Express is pretty good about not advertising absolute crap.

·
Registered
7,626 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by benareeno /forum/post/20860402

is there a better small compression driver then?

I'd like to make a smaller set of econowaves..a 6.5 or 8 inch woofer would be fine with me.

This is the smallest Econowave I think:

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...28#post1695728

The compression driver is the tweeter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.