AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I bought an HDVR2 from Best Buy. I brought it home and had it installed within a couple of hours, including the Terk TRK-S25 18x20 triple LNB dish that I also picked up yesterday along with 2-50' lengths of RG-6. Anyway, everything seemed fine, the guided setup did its thing and I was receiving 5 by 5 on all 3 satellites, on both satellite inputs of my HDVR2. Then I get up this morning and start noticing that some channels that work great on the "Sat in 1" connection aren't working _at all_ on the "Sat in 2" input. I tried a few things including switching the cables from S1 to S2, but the signal problems continued to stay with S2. AHA! I think... So that eliminates the dish and cabling... something must be awry with the HDVR2. So, then I go to the sat signal strength testing screen and flip thru all the sats and all transponders to see what kinds of signals I'm getting on either input. Oddly, I see no problems on S1, but on S2, I get no signal on essentially every Sat/Transponder, excepting transponders 18-20 on Sat 101, which pegs at 100% on both inputs. I see similar results on Sat 110, which pegs out on 8,10,12 both inputs.

So, I call Hughes and they say bad S2 input. Sounds good to me, but before I go thru the hoops of returning my HDVR2 and trying to track down a unit in stock around here again (no easy task, I assure you), I'm wondering if there's anything else that could cause this problem. Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.