1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Cant find any info on that amp but I see what it's in. Off the top of my head just from looking at the enclosure size you might be better served going higher tuned vented? I would need to know what size port you have and how long? I found this from a quick search but since a different amp they don't correlate. http://www.goodsound.com/equipment/elemental_designs_a2-300.htm I would presume heavy limiters kick in very early though. Have you considered another amp? You might just want to start out from scratch.

Reactions: Patrick1229

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nn  /t/1519839/could-someone-model-this-driver#post_24408692

Cant find any info on that amp but I see what it's in. Off the top of my head just from looking at the enclosure size you might be better served going higher tuned vented? I would need to know what size port you have and how long? I found this from a quick search but since a different amp they don't correlate. http://www.goodsound.com/equipment/elemental_designs_a2-300.htm I would presume heavy limiters kick in very early though. Have you considered another amp? You might just want to start out from scratch.

Lol hey i appreciate the thought anyway!

Im actually going after the dayton ultimax 15 in in the 3.0 cu ft flat pack powered by an inuke1000dsp. (separate thread here in diy, or in my case aiy).

Its just that ill have that driver, and am not opposed to buying a cheapie plate amp for it. That driver was in my a2-300, but bottoms out if im listening to movies @ well below reference so im swapping in the infinity 1260w.

I may just go completely experimental with this driver and see what happens!

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
I see.. Well the 1260w only has 4 more mm xmax but?.. bottom line with the 1260w in that size enclosure is going to want a filter to kick in around 20ish which I presume would happen much earlier with the amp your speaking of. You should be ok with the 1260w sealed.

EDIT>
Quote:
Im just gonna model the new box off my existing a2-300. And basically use the same dimensions and port. Probably will only cost me around 200$

There you go. You mean 1260w driver vented which I alluded to earlier? There are so many unknowns though.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, so ill just take it back from the top

I have an ed a2-300. It came with a dayton classic305 12in driver. This driver bottoms out in the ed a2-300 enclosure. The enclosure is(18.0 x 18.0 x 21.5 inches w a 4x20 port). I have read of members using the infinity 1260w driver with excellent results. Since ive got some amazon credits, i figure ill try the 1260w driver upgrade. That will leave me with the Dayton classic driver and no box.

Wanted to see if the dayton driver could work sealed but it seems unlikely. Ill just build a ed a2-300 clone and call it good.

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Yeah you have to remember I'm not getting any younger and can only do one project at a time
Now that I have your port size though I was able to look at things in 3.6 internal roughly. That port length puts you at a 20hz tune and all looks good. I did it for you in the sealed alignment also.

As far as the other driver goes, I would do a little vented option with that but with less power. I can take a look if you want.? It would work in sealed, but you're going to have to seriously hold it back because of lack of excursion. A car with cabin gain would work out best in a smaller enclosure if going sealed..

Reactions: Patrick1229

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nn  /t/1519839/could-someone-model-this-driver#post_24409486

Yeah you have to remember I'm not getting any younger and can only do one project at a time
Now that I have your port size though I was able to look at things in 3.6 internal roughly. That port length puts you at a 20hz tune and all looks good. I did it for you in the sealed alignment also.

As far as the other driver goes, I would do a little vented option with that but with less power. I can take a look if you want.? It would work in sealed, but you're going to have to seriously hold it back because of lack of excursion. A car with cabin gain would work out best in a smaller enclosure if going sealed..

Ahh Steve thank you!

Im getting the 1260w driver today and am going to put it in my ed a2-300. Some members are talking about a night and day difference, but my expectations are more tempered.

That leaves me with the Dayton305 classic driver. I think ill get some mdf from my hardware store and make a 3.6 cu ft box with a 4x20 port. We will see how it turns out!

·
Registered
5,828 Posts

Quote:
Im getting the 1260w driver today and am going to put it in my ed a2-300. Some members are talking about a night and day difference, but my expectations are more tempered.

Well I could comment on what the sub would sort of compare to but I'll not go there http://www.4smileys.com It's not bad though.

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
I get into enough trouble as it is around here, so no comment.
I do hope that little driver that could kicks axx for you though. Put two of them in a single enclosure and you have quite a formidable sub on your hands for the $$. There has been a few builds around here lately, but that driver does go back in time although it keeps transforming.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.